Are you ever going to do anything about trolls?

(336 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 00:46:14

Because it's really got fucking ridiculous.

You need to change your stance from "we have to prove it's trolling before we delete" to "we have to use common sense and realise this is ridiculous before we delete".

The site is becoming a parody of itself.

I'm getting to the stage that I no longer believe my own posts confused

Pagwatch Mon 21-Apr-14 09:48:43

Who are all of you? Seriously, I recognise no one here and yet you are all annoying. Stop that. Or go away so new people I don't recognise can annoy me.
Come on. That's reasonable.

BuzzardBird Mon 21-Apr-14 09:54:49

Baby names and camping seem popular. I think they are quite lazy and are scrolling alphabetically.

Camping? confused I have Camping and Baby Names hidden. grin

Pagwatch are you new? Don't think I have seen you before. Welcome to Mumsnet. smile

gamerchick Mon 21-Apr-14 10:00:51

I was reading murmurings on P&B about a fresh wave of troll attacks but I think they've been well warned and the thread came to nothing.

Yesterday was weird...roll on school and things getting back to normal.

RandallFloyd Mon 21-Apr-14 10:01:32

It's bloody annoying is what it is.

All you people I have never seen before in my life. Here you are, yet again, saying the same old thing I've never seen you say before.

You're so bloody predictable. You bunch of complete strangers.

Pagwatch Mon 21-Apr-14 10:04:02

You always say that, all the time.
Whoever you are, you person beneath my notice that I have never seen before.

CarolineKnappShappey Mon 21-Apr-14 10:05:15

Bit of a daft question, but why can't we mention the troll threads by name. I know troll bunting is banned, but why, if trolls are so bad?

I'm rubbish at spotting the threads anyway.

RandallFloyd Mon 21-Apr-14 10:10:09

Arf @ troll bunting grin

roundtable Mon 21-Apr-14 10:11:29

I've just come into the thread to add nothing of value but to tell the op and everyone else that I don't know you, and that I'm going to follow you around telling you this from now on...even though I don't know you. confused

In all seriousness, mn does seem to go through funny spells and this seems to be one. I can tell by my posting, I don't post that much anyway but when it goes a bit funny I just can't be bothered to post anything most of the time as who knows if the thread will be deleted.

It must be difficult to get the balance right though at hq.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Apr-14 10:11:49

Morning all,

We did have a bit of an invasion of the school holiday variety late last night.

Nightwatch did clear it up and we are looking into it now.

Apologies that there was so much weirdness but the school holidays does tend bring them out.

moldingsunbeams Mon 21-Apr-14 10:14:45

I dont get the I have name changed but regular , penis beaker , pom bears comments.

Penis beakers were very widely published and it doesnt take two minutes to look in classics so its a pointless comment really surely?

Morning Rebecca.
I think that because of heartbleed, things feel less secure than they did. The really annoying troll last night mentioned 'anonymous' - which any troll can throw in as 'frightener' but is there any evidence that the targeting is more malicious than usual?

YY OYBBK and said they would come back as 'one of us' next time.

which is a little more threatening than the average troll, even if its an empty threat.

RandallFloyd Mon 21-Apr-14 10:24:10

Wasn't he going to 'mess us up' or 'fuck with our shit' or some such guff?

something like that randall. It was very late. Then there was an awful lot of cake.

I do think 'Namechanged for this' needs looking into. I sort of see why they say it in that everyone will cry 'interesting first post', BUT lately 'N/C for this' precedes a WTF style thread where everyone is hmm anyway.

RandallFloyd Mon 21-Apr-14 10:34:09

I fell asleep tbh, it was past my bedtime!

Anyway, I only came on this thread to tell someone I've never seen before that I find all her repetitive whining (which as mentioned, I have never seen before) annoys me every time I see it.

So what I'm going to do is just say that over and over again.

LeftyLoony Mon 21-Apr-14 10:35:12

My concern was site security, Rebecca. Hence why I emailed direct rather than click report. When one individual then said they were reading these report emails I got even more concerned.

I genuinely believe they had access to somewhere they shouldn't last night. Can you tell me if that was the case? Did mn get hacked? Are our accounts secure?

Keep changing your passwords.

BuzzardBird Mon 21-Apr-14 10:39:47

I have another name that I post really personal stuff under as I like this name to be used as my escape from the crap that I live with daily...but, I never have to announce the nc as if you always use it then people can see you have 'history' and not just some random comments in any thread that starts with an a, b or c. Maybe people should just have a 'personal' and a 'usual (not the usual grin ) nn? There must be an answer to this surely? Limited names might stop the sock wearing activity too?

BuzzardBird Mon 21-Apr-14 10:41:04

None of the above made sense, I am in pain, I agolopise blush

BuzzardBird Mon 21-Apr-14 10:41:36

<

BuzzardBird Mon 21-Apr-14 10:42:12

<goes off to post in the aardvark thread>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now