There *must* be an easier way to nc on the mobile site.

(14 Posts)
DaleyBump Sat 08-Mar-14 23:53:36

Seriously, do I really have to go into the desktop site to nc because that's a huge pain in the hole.

DaleyBump Sat 08-Mar-14 23:54:03

There should be a question mark in there somewhere.

Kneedles Sun 09-Mar-14 00:01:03

Tick the box that says "use different nickname"?

DaleyBump Sun 09-Mar-14 00:11:01

But that's only for previous nicknames, to actually change to a new one you have to go into the desktop site which is a bugger on a phone.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sun 09-Mar-14 00:11:57

Yes, it's far less of a faff on the mobile site, if you use that check-box.

cozietoesie Sun 09-Mar-14 00:36:38

I think there are several+ issues with the functionality of the mobile site and if I recall, a staffer said that they were going to review how it worked. In the interim, I would - if you can - do anything even vaguely structural on the desktop site.

DaleyBump Sun 09-Mar-14 00:50:17

ComeInto that only works if you're using a nn you've previously nc to. Coming up with a new nn is a fair challenge on a phone.

cozie I am so glad to hear that, the mobile site totally makes me rage.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sun 09-Mar-14 08:46:15

Fair point. I only use the mobile site to change between existing names rather than create new ones.

CakeWillDo Sun 09-Mar-14 22:26:18

How do you change between names on the mobile site?

DaleyBump Mon 10-Mar-14 03:08:09

There's a wee check box next to the message box that says "use different nickname". If you tick that you can type in the name of a username you've changed to previously and it'll post as that name.

Refoca Tue 11-Mar-14 19:30:07

Does that mean I can nc a few times to humourous/anonamous thigs I think I might use, then nc back to Refoca, then and only then I can nc?

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Mar-14 10:03:03

Sorry about the mobile nc-ing difficulty.

We do now have a proper plan for a better app and mobile site - you can see Justine's post about it here.

NetworkGuy Thu 13-Mar-14 10:36:53

For anyone using Android mobiles, can I suggest the Dolphin browser. It allows (under settings) for the browser to tell web sites it's a desktop...

(However, since MN seems only to allow for quite wide displays nowadays, I cannot promise that you'll easily be able to see all the window at once, and NC might still be awkward.)

EatShitDerek Thu 13-Mar-14 10:38:58

Sections then my mums et and you can change on the mobile site!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now