Can't change my nickname back, also being offered other people's names as options

(34 Posts)
SarahAndFuck Sat 22-Feb-14 20:28:23

Have briefly changed nicknames to this one of one particular thread to avoid outing my other name.

Now I can't change back to my usual name. It lets me change the name and says it's saved, but it isn't, it stays as this name.

And when I start to type it, it brings up options for other nicknames that aren't mine but which I think I recognise as in use by other people.

Anothernamevariant Tue 25-Feb-14 19:03:01

I'm struggling with name changes today too - nearly outed myself!

AuntJobiska Tue 25-Feb-14 19:39:13

testing ...

AuntJobiska Tue 25-Feb-14 19:40:06

Be warned, VelvetDuvet: it doesn't always change to the new name that you've set. More often, it just sticks to the name that it seems to be stuck on (IYSWIM).

Ambrosius Tue 25-Feb-14 19:45:41

Test

I've had this too. It did let me namechange but it looked like it hadn't and it was only after opening and closing the window a couple of times and posting that the changed name seemed to 'stick'. V weird. That's using IE by the way.

MrsSteptoe Tue 25-Feb-14 22:21:40

The pattern isn't consistent. Sometimes it looks like you haven't namechanged but you have; sometimes it looks like your namechange has failed, and it has failed, tested by completing a post that sticks to the first name. I agree that closing the window a couple of times sometimes fixes it.

HeatherMoor Wed 26-Feb-14 21:50:22

I'm having this problem on ipad/safari desktop site

KateSisTestingNCMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Feb-14 11:54:12

So my test has just worked, but that obviously doesn't help you guys for whom it doesn't work!

We'll ask tech to take a look, but they have got two other fairly large things (technical term that) on the go, so it may be a wee while before they get to look at it.

If you get yourself in a NC pickle in the mean time, do let us know and we can try and help you out.

Anniecarrieson Thu 27-Feb-14 16:03:38

Safari on macbook pro, too.
Change name, go to post - see old name.
Repeat about 10 times then voila, new name appears in message box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now