MNHQ, you *really* need to let your foreign MNers be able to mod overnight...

(12 Posts)
risingsunshine Tue 07-Jan-14 08:20:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GobbySadcase Tue 07-Jan-14 08:28:27

Not necessarily.
Someone has to be on duty overnight now though, surely?

It's still there.

BeanoNoir Tue 07-Jan-14 08:32:36

Agree. I wrote on that thread about suggestion made ages ago to automatically pull a thread that receives a certain number of reports, to then examine and reinstate later if appropriate. Is this a good idea/possible?

DavidHarewoodsFloozy Tue 07-Jan-14 08:33:51

Why isn,t it deleted then? Those pictures could have been a lot worse.

One day they will be.

BeanoNoir Tue 07-Jan-14 08:34:11

Think this stuff staying on for too long will ultimately affect the site in the long term. To me thus is not what mn is for, and I don't want what I consider to be a great, supportive site ending up as a bit of a laugh for trolly jokers.

GobbySadcase Tue 07-Jan-14 08:38:47

magimedi Tue 07-Jan-14 08:38:52

I read that MN has nearly doubles in size in the last year or so (think I've got that right).

If that is the case HQ really need to get their act together as regards overnight moderation or they could end up in serious trouble.

It is ridiculous that threads like this one stay around for so long.

IamtheZombie Tue 07-Jan-14 08:41:54

It's gone now.

DameDeepRedBetty Tue 07-Jan-14 08:46:17

This was being talked about a few months ago - has there been any progress HQ?

Mignonette Tue 07-Jan-14 08:48:11

More to the point, HQ is breaking the law if those photographs turn out be of an underage male.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Jan-14 09:00:14

Hi there,

Many thanks all and apologies it took some time for us to get to this.

It has gone now.

We are working on the overnight watch and it is due to come in, all being well, in the early part of this year. We will be doing everything we can to speed this up.

Apologies again.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 18-Jan-14 20:32:25

I thought this had been sorted! Considering lack of overnight moderation was a serious issue a YEAR ago, isn't it about time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now