Mobile site - hard to click thread title -page jumping

(40 Posts)
darksparrow Tue 31-Dec-13 08:03:06

I'm using the mobile site on an S4 and when I try to select a thread title from active convo when I touch the screen the page jumps down slightly and I end up selecting the wrong thread. Been doing this for days and it is driving me crazy.

Can you take a look please MN.

ButThereAgain Tue 31-Dec-13 08:08:07

I have this problem too. Am on Android. Very annoying.

HappTeeNewYear Tue 31-Dec-13 08:10:43

I've been noticing this as well on iDevice.

It looks to me like the adverts are causing a page jump when they load.

darksparrow Tue 31-Dec-13 08:13:13

I've trying to develop a little tapping technique to stop the jump it does - it is like the like the page refreshes when you select the thread and everything moves down

Driving me nuts too - on Android.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 31-Dec-13 14:38:57

Hi all,

So sorry you're having trouble with this - we'll get our Tech folk on the case.

Best,
MNHQ

darksparrow Sat 04-Jan-14 09:37:19

There has been no change - mobile site still jumps when you try and selectva thread in active convos

TheLeastAccomplishedBennetGirl Sat 04-Jan-14 09:41:18

Yup, this happens frequently for me too

Pascha Sat 04-Jan-14 11:55:05

It's driving me nuts. I hid a thread by ccident because of the jumping and it's not easy to unhide it again on the mobile site so I had to fire up Sputnik in the kitchen to do it angry.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 04-Jan-14 11:58:08

This happens to me too, it has done for as long as I can remember, and it is the only site I have this issue on.

Particularly irritating when you are continually reporting poster rather than going to next page of thread.

I am so glad its is not just me.

Mobile Site
Chrome
Nexus 4/Android 4.4

Thurlow Sat 04-Jan-14 11:58:56

I swear it's doing this for me on Firefox on an ordinary laptop...

Pascha Sat 04-Jan-14 12:08:42

I'm sure its because the advert at the top loads last but the space isn't there for it until it appears, shunting everything down a bit.

ChuckitintheBucket Sat 04-Jan-14 12:10:53

Glad I am not the only one, thought it was my phone. It has been driving me mad.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 04-Jan-14 12:13:38

I don't think its the advert s, as it happens even if I wait for adverts to appear.

It's driving me insane.

Spikeinhiscoat Sat 04-Jan-14 17:05:00

It's happening to me too on an android phone, probably for a month or two. I tried to click on a thread link earlier today and got the log out button instead. Thankfully the site asked if I was sure I wanted to before the damage was done.

RayPurchase Sat 04-Jan-14 17:35:37

I have this problem too every couple of months it does it for a while. Annoying.

BankWadger Sat 04-Jan-14 17:41:50

This is driving me round the twist too. I've been sent to stack of pages I don't want or had to scroll down the page 2 or 3 times.

<sends fortifying vodka and gin to help tech along>

JulieJingleBellsMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 04-Jan-14 20:28:44

Hi,

We're sorry to hear that you're still having problems with this. It would help if we knew what you're using to mumsnet (which browser and version). A screen shot that tech can take a look at would be fab if any of you can do this as well. Our email address is contactus@mumsnet.com

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 08-Jan-14 12:23:29

Its doing it again
Not sure what use a screenshot would be?
Clicked on "bookmark" it changed colour, then "last page" highlighted itself and went there instead.

I'm wondering if it is some sort of weird coding thing where what you see doesn't quite line up with where the links actually are?

I think adverts were fully loaded....

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 08-Jan-14 12:30:08

Hmm, a very quick test seems to suggest that this is only an issue on multi page threads?

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Jan-14 19:53:36

Thanks all - we will flag up to tech and see what's happening.

Naoko Sat 18-Jan-14 21:16:22

It's doing it again! Not in active convos this time, thankfully, but when hitting 'next' to go to the next page of a multi-page thread I actually get the message box almost every time. Incredibly annoying. Galaxy S3, Android 4.3, Google Chrome.

(incidentally, when this last happened, I think it was some kind of font/text size display issue - you could workaround by zooming in or out to make the text adjust itself to the page differently and then hit the link without trouble; also if you didn't and just tapped the link straight off, you could briefly see the text on the page adjusting itself differently on the page, thereby meaning the spot on the screen you tapped was now taken up by a different link, before it loaded the new page. If that makes sense as an explanation - I hope tech knows what I mean because I appreciate that is not the world's best bug report.)

cashewfrenzy Mon 27-Jan-14 23:17:08

Android 4.0.3 on an HTC Sensation, Safari. It's driving me bonkers. It's the ads at the top of the page. When they load they drop the rest of the page down to make room, so whatever link you think you've clicked, you've actually ended up clicking something a few lines above it. Totally infuriating.

You can get round it by waiting for the ad to load/page to drop down before clicking, but it's annoying and makes navigation tedious and slow.

carlajean Tue 28-Jan-14 20:35:29

It's happening to me as well, when the advert at the top loads. Really irritating. Doesn't seem very high on the list of mn priorities though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now