Local Talk threads now showing on main site Active Talk

(13 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 11:31:36

Our lovely Tech team have dropped Local's Christmas present down the chimney early. Local talk threads are now showing on the main site Active Talk page.

You will only see them if you've made a Local site your 'Home' site. To do this, choose a Local site here. You will get a pop-up prompt to make the site your 'Home' site.

Happy posting…

MrsTwgtwf Tue 17-Dec-13 00:22:14

Hooray!

I can't tell you how pleased I was to get an email from my local editor last week. I felt loved. grin And very well informed about the area. smile

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Dec-13 11:54:09

MrsTwgtwf

Hooray!

I can't tell you how pleased I was to get an email from my local editor last week. I felt loved. grin And very well informed about the area. smile

Hi Mrs Twgtwf, that's what we like to hear thanks thanks

I followed your link and found my local site but got no pop up prompt.

Meglet Wed 18-Dec-13 19:56:02

Thank you. I try to pop onto the local site, it'll remind me if I see it in active convos smile.

LESuffolk Thu 19-Dec-13 09:57:43

The Suffolk newsletter is out today yay -wine

Would be lovely if Suffolk/East Anglian MNers signed up on local and received their newsletters.

And was very irritating to see a well known MNer recommending MNers use NM's local sites because they are 'full of local info' despite much of it being out of date-well certainly in my local area because I looked. Ours are regularly updated because we get reminders that a listing is expiring.

Mumsnet Locals are full of info and we are working our asses off to fill them with even more so if you don't use them it is our loss (and yours too).

Maybe it would be nice if MNers added their own listings- it is easily done and would then help us 'fly' the sites better. At the moment unless listers add, we have to do it all.

LocalEdPeterborough Thu 19-Dec-13 11:14:50

Peterborough goes live this week as well (blatant reminder and nudge for people to sign up)

Please do pop over and have a look at your local site, as Suffolk said we are all working really hard behind the scenes to get them up and running and full of as much info as possible.

thanks

Mignonette Thu 19-Dec-13 11:32:19

I will go have a look at yours LocalPeterborough*.

The amount of work is phenomenal- Facebook, Twitter, talking to and meeting advertisers/listers, newsletters, promotion.

It is really a FT job but many of the LE's are working elsewhere and/or have young children.

Please do support them as the success of this is not just down to them- it is down to all other MNers too. This site does not support itself. It needs revenue.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Dec-13 13:32:36

WhereBeThatBlackbirdTo

I followed your link and found my local site but got no pop up prompt.

Hi WhereBe, you've already signed up to Local, so it's probable you already have a Home site registered. Go to any Local site when logged in to Mumsnet and click on 'My Sites' at the top of the page. If for any reason you haven't registered a Home site, you can do it from there.

WetDogLovesHubert Thu 19-Dec-13 16:00:16

This is really helpful, thanks! I had to follow Emma's tip about registering my listing, and I've since found a local baby group I had no idea about smile

Mignonette Thu 19-Dec-13 16:02:14

Yay! Spread the word Wetdog.

The Netmum listings are often outdated (some over two years) whereas MN ones are updated each month.

ItsAWonderfulCervix Sat 21-Dec-13 18:14:05

No popup fir me either. But i might have signed up before. Can't remember.

WhereBe, I can guess which is your local site! fwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now