I've done something stupid with my MN settings.

(23 Posts)

I have no idea how but...

I used to see all the posts on a thread in one long list - but now I'm getting them split into pages. So I keep missing the newest posts.

When I opened a thread, I would jump to the bottom (straight to the newest post) but now it stays on the OP. This might be linked to the fact that I click on the most recent post in active convos but only get shown the first page.

What have I done? And how do I fix it? I've fiddled with my customise settings but have only managed to get 500 posts on a page, which doesn't help with busy threads.

Thanks

tallulah Tue 10-Dec-13 19:04:05

I think you need Classic. That gets rid of the pages.

KellyHopter Tue 10-Dec-13 19:06:05

I think there may be some sort of glitch...I just clicked on a long thread and I have pages too. I never have pages!

CarpeVinum Tue 10-Dec-13 19:06:11

It wasn't you.

It just happened to me too.

Now I have no "all posts on one page" option. I am only allowed 500 posts per page and I didn't notice so I missed all the posts on the page 2 I didn't know I had to look at, becuase I never asked for any pages.

I don't like pages!

Oreocrumbs Tue 10-Dec-13 19:08:54

I've noticed it too.

Well I noticed after a very confusing few hours 15 minutes where I could see threads moving along with new posters in active, but couldn't read past a certain post!

I can only get 500 a page now.

CarpeVinum Tue 10-Dec-13 19:11:00

And to add insult to injury, when you visit "threads I am on" and click on one of the latest post you wish to read... it doesn't take you to that place, ie the place you wish to be. It takes you to the OP on page 1. Which as useful for finding your place as a chocolate teapot.

<cries>

I can't find my place! I am missing POSTS! And if I miss posts the later posts that refer to the ones I missed are gobbedygook to me. I am so sad

Look tech, actual crocodile tears ! Please to fix mumsnet soon thanks

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 10-Dec-13 19:28:30

Oh yes, please please fix it. Pleeeeeease!

MrsLettuce Tue 10-Dec-13 19:34:13

Yup, obligatory pages now. I do understand why but it's fecking annoying none the less. Really don't fancy going back to classic though. Grumph.

StickEmUpSideways Tue 10-Dec-13 19:35:06

Haha, I've just gone Ehh? Over this too.

I really want view all back.

I'm in view all in one page now. Must have been a temporary glitch.

CarpeVinum Tue 10-Dec-13 19:50:12

Dear Tech in Shed.

I have just dropped icecream on my clean jeans due to unnecessary clicking and the HUGE scrolling (which made my iPad wobble) demanded by the Enforced Pages Policy meets Threads I'm On Place Finding Fail.

I am holding you entirely responsible.

<waggles No To Enforced Pages Persecusion of One Big Page Loving Mumsnetters placard>

<drops more ice cream as a result of waggling>

<licks leg>

I am eating off my own thigh.

And it's all Tech's fault.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 10-Dec-13 20:01:12

It's not you its MN.

I've got this as well and my threads are back to front. I should have most recent at the top of the page, my settings are still good for this but instead the OP is at the top.

Pascha Tue 10-Dec-13 20:16:29

NONONONONONONO!!!!!

PUT IT BACK!

I DON'T WANT PAGES!!!

<massive overuse of ! in panic mode>

<sobs>

I am glad I am not the only one.

This is really annoying, MNTech - I see no good reason for removing the all-on-one-page option, nor for stopping the thread going to the post you click on. If I wanted to go to the first post on page 1, that's what I would click. But what I want is to go to the post I have chosen.

Really - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

And if you have to make changes, please take a brief moment to tell your users before it happens, so we aren't totally blindsided. It feels as if you are indifferent to us, otherwise.

CarpeVinum Tue 10-Dec-13 20:51:42

Ohhh!

Is this connected to an intent to raise the post limit per thread to above 1000 posts ?

If so, could you raise the per page limit to a grand and fix the Threads I'm On glitch first ?

Please.

thanks

I have never been so relieved to see so many posts - I honestly thought I'd had some sort of absent episode in which I had changed my settings and removed all the options to put them right again.

It really does sound like we all have the same problems. No pages and an inability to click from Active Convos straight to the newest post on the thread.

I don't like it - too much clicking and scrolling needed. My keyboard is getting worn out and I'm getting RSI.

Not Active - sorry. Threads I'm on.

CarpeVinum Tue 10-Dec-13 21:06:23

It's happening on Threads I'm Watching too. If there are more than 500 posts and I click to be taken to the more recent posts, I end up one post one, page one instead of going where I want to go.

Huitre Tue 10-Dec-13 22:03:34

Me too. It is really irritating. I don't want pages. I want to be able to go to the first post I haven't yet read. That doesn't work with pages.

Why is there not an option to show all posts under the Customise settings? I've just looked and apparently we are now limited to 500 per page. There's no option to show everything on the same page.

BlackeyedShepherdswatchsheep Wed 11-Dec-13 00:54:13

it is really irritating. please can we have all in one page option back.

Mine is fine.

It would help if you listed:

Browser
Operation System and/or device

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Dec-13 09:50:19

Hello

Sorry about this - we changed this with good intentions (honest guv) but looks as though we haven't got the functionality quite right yet

Any chance you could come over to this thread where there are further explanations? Just so we've got all the discussion about this in one place

Ta

We all know what the road to hell is paved with, Rowan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now