Pages not displaying

(13 Posts)
Allalonenow Mon 09-Dec-13 22:24:23

Hello, has someone pulled a lead out of the HQ mainframe, or dunked the motherboard in hot tea?
Since yesterday, when I'm on my laptop, the pages don't display, all I get is the banner, buttons, and ads across the top and the bits and bobs down the side, but a blank space where the thread should be.
I also get a message saying "Mumsnet.com is not responding".

Is it just me? Have I broken Mumsnet??!!

I'm on iPad ATM and that's fine.

justmuddlingalong Mon 09-Dec-13 22:42:06

I'm having problems loading the Active Conversations page. Just the banner and adverts are loading. Anyone else?

Allalonenow Mon 09-Dec-13 23:19:36

Oh yes! it's Active Conversations affected.

Allalonenow Tue 10-Dec-13 17:35:18

Hello, is there any information about this problem?

TwistedRib Tue 10-Dec-13 23:04:24

Ok, there's something wrong with Mumsnet

On Android (mobile site not app),On Active Conversations rather than navigating to a page, I just get a white screen with the page address at the top. if I refresh it sometimes it works, others times it doesn't. Sometimes the page loads half the stuff and I can't scroll down any further. Sometimes it appears to load, then as I scroll I get the whiteout again. On "pages I'm watching" or "pages I'm on" Is never goes to the last read post, it just goes to the start of the conversation & I'm endlessly scrolling (if it will let me, cos the white screen kicks in again!!!)

On laptop( Windows7)I upgraded IE tonight and the website just hangs all the time. If I see "recovering webpage" again tonight I will scream!!!

justmuddlingalong Tue 10-Dec-13 23:45:06

I changes from IE to Google Chrome today, sorted problems for me.

justmuddlingalong Tue 10-Dec-13 23:45:30

*changed

I'm having the same problem as Twisted on android. Was doing it last night too, though I thought it was just my crappy phone

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Dec-13 10:02:54

Hello

Really sorry we didn't respond sooner. Are the page loading problems fixed now?

Re not going to the last-read post: this is a new issue - could you come over to this thread where there are explanations, suggestions and updates?

Thanks

Hello Rowan.
I couldn't get on at all last night on my phone sad I am at work at the moment but will try again tonight and update

Allalonenow Sat 14-Dec-13 16:02:12

Hello!! fgrin fgrin
Thank you!! I've got the active thread back now on my laptop.
Well done wine wine wine

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 14-Dec-13 16:10:48

Phew! Are you still struggling 2tired2bewitty?

Sorry, crazy busy weekend! All seems to be back to normal now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now