Message poster button doesn't seem to be working

(35 Posts)
TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Wed 04-Dec-13 11:44:51

or is it just me?

Rooners Sat 07-Dec-13 07:13:30

Yes - nearly 7 years here.

I'm not chicken when I feel I'm justified in being cross about something and in this case I think we are.

I have another thread about this and also started one a week or so ago when it first became apparent there was an issue.

Nothing's been done to sort it. No one's even trying to.

It's basically 'get stuffed, not our problem'.

Well cheers.

Definitely not working here either (IE10). Seems like there's nothing behind the link, it just takes you back to the top of the page.

tharsheblows Sat 07-Dec-13 14:09:38

It's because it thinks the function gotoCompose isn't there. It's commented out, ish (yes in IE, no in everything else?), using <!-- --> in a jQuery function just under #posts div.

That's my guess at least. If that's it, there's nothing you can do, it's a bug. I dislike IE loads, too, especially wrt to styling and not keeping up with css3 things but it's getting better. And with all the other devices available, I now hate other things more (mobiles, all flavours).

I mean, I hate developing for them. I like using them.

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Sat 07-Dec-13 14:57:41

<nods sagely pretending to understand a word of tharsheblows' post>

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Dec-13 15:02:11

Er...what tharsheblows said.

Sorry folks are feeling left high and dry - that's obviously he opposite of what we want. Afraid we don't know the precise techy details of why stuff isn't working in IE, but will consult with the mighty tech and try and get some answers for you flowers

Rooners Sat 07-Dec-13 16:23:57

<!-- Skimlinks code from Jules implemented by Adam -->

Is it Adam's fault?

grin

lol

I just copied that

Rooners Sat 07-Dec-13 16:26:50

and thanks again, Kate.

DanFmDorking Mon 09-Dec-13 20:21:07

When is this going to be fixed?

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Tue 10-Dec-13 13:50:53

Not ever, never Dan.

DanFmDorking Wed 11-Dec-13 14:00:58

Looks like it's fixed now.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now