I can't post on threads

(92 Posts)
AbsDuCroissant Mon 04-Nov-13 16:24:19

I'm using Microsoft Internet explorer, and I can see the box and type in it, but when I try to preview or post, nothing happens.

How can this be fixed?

Viviennemary Tue 12-Nov-13 00:10:30

I've had to go on Firefox to post. It's a bit of a hassle so I just read mostly now.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Nov-13 12:38:18

Hurrah, glad it's all working(ish)!

Chipping - could've sworn we mailed you about this, but clearly we must not have - v sorry about that!

Not sure about that whole "resetting" thing, will see if Tech have any pearls of wisdom.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Nov-13 13:00:56

Right, have consulted with the mighty Tech and apparently you can get around it by disabling compatibility mode.

This handy article explains it far better than I could, so have a bash and shout if you're still stuck.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Tue 12-Nov-13 22:11:42

Hi Kate

No - no email (well, not until the one I got telling me you had updated here!), never mind smile

I'll go and have a go now and see how I get on smile

ChippingInLovesAutumn Tue 12-Nov-13 22:41:48

Right - well, I've done that - I'll report back tomorrow smile

Mine isn't working still. Lost yet another helpful post as I had to switch on tools to IP9. I don't have time or truthfully inclination to repost or read lengthy techie documents.

AbbyLou Thu 14-Nov-13 22:00:16

I pressed the compatibility icon and it has worked. Hurray!

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sat 16-Nov-13 07:39:24

veryconfused - it's not lengthy or techy smile It was easy to do and appears to have worked smile

Thanks Kate & Mighty Tech flowers

CrispyHedgehogFucker Sat 16-Nov-13 07:54:38

I've been having the same issue.. in Firefox though

CrispyHedgehogFucker Sat 16-Nov-13 07:54:50

oh, it works now grin

CanadianJohn Sat 16-Nov-13 18:28:50

Just to let MN know, IE is working fine for me now. Thanks.

SconeRhymesWithGone Sun 17-Nov-13 00:19:22

I have not been able to post in IE8 for days. I could until about a week ago. I had to switch to Firefox, but I much prefer IE. When I try to post, it says error on page.

MrsOsbourne Tue 19-Nov-13 16:42:49

Hopefully this will work !

MrsOsbourne Tue 19-Nov-13 16:43:13

Yes!
I thought I had been banned blush

KateSycoraxMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Nov-13 10:36:00

So everyone sorted-ish?

DorisShutt Tue 03-Dec-13 08:13:38

I'm using this thread as I can't start a new thread at all.

I've emailed you at the contactus address, but wasn't sure which was quicker.

Anytime I click on start a new thread, it won't let me - it just redirects me to the infamous biscuit page.

I'm running Chrome (latest version) on a windows 7 PC, and I've also tested it on Mozilla Firefox and IE10.

I've also tried it on the mobile site on an iphone using Chrome and Safari.

Please help!

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 03-Dec-13 10:43:09

Hi everyone,

Sorry that it seemed to have gone wonky again. Tech think they've fixed it now - is anyone still having problems?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now