Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

WHY did nobody tell me about the sheer unadulterated PLEASURE that is the mobile site???

(41 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

I've been fiddling with the bloody annoying useless ugly unfriendly app for ages on my phone and now I discover the heaven that is the mobile site? Why only now? Why is everone you hiding it??

Never. Going. Back.

Everyone needs to switch. Now.

(may I use the gavel?)

<<gavel>>

nennypops Tue 15-Oct-13 00:22:03

Where do you find it?

ThePearShapedToad Tue 15-Oct-13 00:23:02

It's amazing isn't it grin

I first discovered MN on my phone, if I try and read it on my laptop or iPad now it just looks weird!

NoComet Tue 15-Oct-13 00:25:03

Much better, nice on my kindle fire too (no android ap anyhow)

Discovered it when the ap had a massive fit and stopped working

Never went back.

CatAmongThePigeons Tue 15-Oct-13 00:26:34

I love the mobile site, the app is incredibly unfriendly. Mobile site is plain and uncomplicated. Bliss.

DumDum32 Tue 15-Oct-13 00:33:56

yep the mobile app is fab & doesn't require much fiddling. I've logged in once & ever since all I do is refresh the page to update comments. I couldn't remember my password if I tried blush

GhastlyMoiraKroesig Tue 15-Oct-13 11:48:59

I bloody well TOLD you.

I use it on my laptop as well as iPad and blackberry. It's far better than the normal site. And the app is becursed.

VinegarDrinker Tue 15-Oct-13 11:50:43

I only ever use the mobile site. Tried the app - seriously crap. And the desktop site is so cluttered and unwieldy, it looks like something from the 90s.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Oct-13 13:20:43

Hurrah for the mobile site flowers! <beams> It really is a beaut isn't it?

<willfully ignores comments about the app>

KateS tis truly wonderful. grin

nennypops

At the very, very, very bottom of the page, below the emoticons and the shortcuts, below the Registered Address and everything, there are two little magic words.... Mobile Site

Click on those and be transported grin

StrictlySazz Tue 15-Oct-13 21:07:30

I've always used the mobile site and sing its praises on all the app bashing threads. I tried the app once but it was far too busy. Clicky emoticons on the mobile site is the only thing which could improve it IMO

PedlarsSpanner Tue 15-Oct-13 21:07:31

Yes its fabby

TheBuskersDog Tue 15-Oct-13 21:10:48

I'm probably being thick but how do you use the mobile site on a laptop?

TheBuskersDog Tue 15-Oct-13 21:12:06

sorry, cross post.

ProphetOfDoom Tue 15-Oct-13 21:16:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Passmethecrisps Tue 15-Oct-13 21:19:25

All I ever use is the mobile site. T'is awesome.

When I do go onto full grown MN I feel confused and a bit overwhelmed

ihatethecold Tue 15-Oct-13 21:23:00

I love it when people link stuff from the app and it takes me to the mobile site.
I had no idea how to access it. confused

PoppyWearer Tue 15-Oct-13 21:24:03

Thank you for this thread.

Time to delete the app...

SconeRhymesWithGone Tue 15-Oct-13 21:26:16

It is also easier to switch to your alter ego(s) name change on the mobile site. thlwink

PoppyWearer Tue 15-Oct-13 21:29:13

Wow. I liiiiiiiike! thanks << look, the emoticons work and everything.

<gets overexcited and tries out parentheses because they don't fecking work on the app>

PoppyWearer Tue 15-Oct-13 21:29:48

The parentheses worked too! <weeps tears of joy>

For me on my ancient iPad it loads waaay faster, probably because of lack of ads and pictures. And I like the lack of said ads smile

I miss the I Started button though. Agree about the clicky emoticons, that would be awesome!

I reckon MNHQ ought to promote it more, but then again maybe they don't want everyone on here instead of the main site (advertisers, sponsors, wink wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now