Like button

(16 Posts)
giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 16:40:49

Exactly grin

PatoBanton Fri 11-Oct-13 16:19:58

Giraffes - so in essence what you're saying is, we have all massively dissed it but if there were a like button, you would probably have seventeen 'Like's to counter that. grin

PatoBanton Fri 11-Oct-13 16:18:50

No, it would be horrible. I choose not to use FB and don't want its teenage format creeping in here - we're grown ups mainly I think?

But I can see why you suggested it, just, you know. It wouldn't work here.

Like on Babycenter - fluffyhunny and littlesirtrouble say thankyou for this helpful post. <yak>

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 15:56:49

It really is unpopular! I thought it would be more of a 50:50 split. guess the intrinsic flaw with this conversation is the people in favour cant be arsed to reply wink I dont think it would be right for all threads, where people are asking for advice say, but for a couple that I post on it would be helpful (in the past the 5:2 thread was too busy to keep up with for example). Thanks all

FruOla Fri 11-Oct-13 15:36:01

Sorry, giraffes, but this has been discussed for a good few years now. It's not popular!

We like .... erm .... talking to each other wink

IslaValargeone Fri 11-Oct-13 11:04:56

No bloody way.

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 11:03:20

I'm doing something wrong grin always come to the interesting threads when they are finished!

SoupDragon Fri 11-Oct-13 11:01:59

LOL. I'm sure it was within the last year it cropped up last grin Certainly since 2004 smile

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 11:01:19

Thank goodness we dont have a thumbs down button wink

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 10:59:59

Ah ok thanks soup dragon (been here since 2004 grin ) Had a quick look through but couldnt see it under site stuff. Will do a search to see what the consensus was. I think certain topics it would def be a big no no but useful on others.

Ifcatshadthumbs Fri 11-Oct-13 10:59:07

No no no, threads are meant to be like conversations IMO, if people just click like it depersonalises it and it contributes nothing to the actual thread itself.

mistlethrush Fri 11-Oct-13 10:58:48

If you like it enough, post. If not don't.

No, no and thrice no.

Also, hell no and fuck no.

You're looking for FB.

Use your words.

Respectfully, like.

SoupDragon Fri 11-Oct-13 10:56:30

I am in the "bad idea" camp. If you like a comment say so!

SoupDragon Fri 11-Oct-13 10:55:49

You must have joined reasonably recently or managed to miss it but there have been huuuuge discussions about this and it's always come down on the side of being a bad idea.

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 10:54:31

Someone mentioned on one of the penis beaker threads that it would be good to have a like button. I can see there might be some down sides but on the really big threads that are hard to keep up with I often read things I like but it would be impossible to respond to everything and really great just to tick like! People might feel a bit less lost on big threads if they had the occasional like next to their post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now