For those who are having problems posting...

(78 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

JulieMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Sep-13 12:52:32

Afternoon,

just to tell those of you who are having problems posting and are using internet explorer version 8 and 9 that we think we've sorted it. Please do let us know if you're still having issues via contactus@mumsnet.com or post on here (if you can).

MNHQ.

AGnu Fri 20-Sep-13 16:08:18

Seems to have resolved now. Thanks! flowers

Tech (MNHQ) Fri 20-Sep-13 16:04:30

Nay nay nay.

ChinaCupsandSaucers Fri 20-Sep-13 15:41:56

Testing, testing - Am I double posting?

Tech (MNHQ) Fri 20-Sep-13 15:31:03

Hi AGnu, sorry about that. There was a problem where preview could in some circumstances post. It shouldn't happen again. Do you want to try again to double check?

ChinaCupsandSaucers Fri 20-Sep-13 08:25:43

AGnu I'm double posting too - from IPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3

HawthornLantern Fri 20-Sep-13 05:41:50

New development - now getting the message at home with the Mac/Safari combination (in this case when opening a thread in AIBU and opening this thread here too)

AGnu Fri 20-Sep-13 02:23:21

See? See?! It did it again! & proved that I really do need my 'preview' button!

AGnu Fri 20-Sep-13 02:21:49

I'm having problems too! Just this evening it seems to be posting when I try to preview & again when I press 'post' so I'm double-posting all over the place. It's annoying! <sulk>

Also, my last post (which posted when I previewed but I got wise to it so didn't press 'post') is showing up on the Hello Louise thread but the thread isn't in my TIO! confused

HawthornLantern Thu 19-Sep-13 14:29:07

Sorry for delay in replying, Tech. It seems to occur completely randomly. It's been various threads (but not consistently the same thread), various topics.... I can't see a pattern.

It usually pops up when I open a thread, but I first saw it when trying to hide a thread (I first thought MN had changed so you were now being required to comment on a thread you wanted to hide). Also it came up after I posted my message on this thread yesterday. So really - no rhyme or reason that I can identify.

But - at home (ahem, not at home when this happens) - I'm on Mac using Safari and haven't had the pop-up.

EduCated Wed 18-Sep-13 22:47:56

I've been getting the infinite wait circle too. Using Safari on iPad. If I refresh, the post has gone through, but the page isn't refreshing by itself.

anchovies Wed 18-Sep-13 19:38:26

Also getting the occassional please type a message first pop up too. I'm using chrome.

Tech (MNHQ) Wed 18-Sep-13 19:36:43

Hi HL, That's weird. Does it happen as soon as you open the thread to read it, or only after you do something else? Does is happen consistently on any particular thread, or does it appear to be random? If there is a thread / set of threads it happens on consistently, can you tell us which one(s)?

Sorry for all the questions but the answers should help us track down what's causing it. Thanks very much.

HawthornLantern Wed 18-Sep-13 16:25:36

Not sure if this is part of the same issue, or something different, but today and yesterday I am getting a lot of pop up messages "Please type a message first" when I open a thread. All I have to do is click "ok" and it is happy. It doesn't seem to be stopping me doing anything and I've successfully posted a message. But it's odd!

I'm on Firefox (version 23) - currently also having problems with Java in case that is relevant.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 18-Sep-13 09:16:37

Hello - are you still having problems Tee?

TheSmallPrint Mon 16-Sep-13 10:24:00

Tee that's odd as Chrome was the only place I could post from! confused

Tee2072 Sun 15-Sep-13 16:30:30

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but I keep not being able to post from Chrome. Win 7. I get a never ending wait symbol and so I try refreshing and the site goes no where and the post and preview buttons grey out.

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 13-Sep-13 22:38:04

grin

Viviennemary Fri 13-Sep-13 21:43:50

Mine is back to normal again. Thank you. I hate Firefox.

WetAugust Fri 13-Sep-13 20:41:54

Seems that IE 10 problem is now sorted

Thank you

WetAugust Fri 13-Sep-13 20:41:18

can I post

WetAugust Fri 13-Sep-13 20:40:50

can I post

MelodyBaker Fri 13-Sep-13 17:35:15

I can't post from my phone. I can on a computer/ kindle fire. My phone is a HTC wildfire S, not sure of the operating system or the browser.

commuterbelt Fri 13-Sep-13 16:53:49

lovely

inneedofrain Fri 13-Sep-13 14:57:21

Yeah, I love tech support!!!!! No more firefox.

Tech you must have seen this??

True story, All my tech guys had this one the wall!

"Ridge Hall computer assistance; may I help you?"

"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

"What sort of trouble?"

"Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."

"Went away?"

"They disappeared."

"Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."

"Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"

"How do I tell?"

"Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"

"What's a sea-prompt?"

"Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?"

"There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything"

"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

"What's a monitor?"

"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"

"I don't know."

"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"

"Yes, I think so."

"Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."

"Yes, it is."

"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"

"No."

"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."

"Okay, here it is."

"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."

"I can't reach."

"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

"No."

"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"

"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle-it's because it's dark."

"Dark?"

"Yes, -the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."

"Well, turn on the office light then."

"I can't."

"No? Why not?"

"Because there's a power failure."

"A power... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"

"Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."

"Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."

"Really. Is it that bad?"

"Yes, I'm afraid it is."

"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"

"Tell them you're too fucking stupid to own a computer."

inneedofrain Fri 13-Sep-13 14:53:59

Three cheers for tech (if this works)
have a well earned brew or wine and a piece of cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now