Thanks for your patience

(153 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 01:55:05

We were offline there for about 20 minutes while we did some updates to the server. Sorry about that - sometimes there's no way around it.... thanks for your patience.

SoupDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 09:41:30

I reckon the spacing has gone from single to 1.5. It's not double spaced.

I actually think I prefer it.

FruOla Tue 10-Sep-13 09:41:49

Choose File means you can insert an image into your post.

There are already a few topics where we've been able to do that for ages. But this is new for all topics (I assume) - although I think it's only available on the App/Mobile sites, it's not available on the Desktop site yet.

Lead is different and there is a HUGE margin on the left. Not a huge fuss but I don't like wasted space, you are not intending on filling it with a stupid advert are you???

aristocat Tue 10-Sep-13 09:56:10

Ok for me, just wanted to check you had changed things!

aristocat Tue 10-Sep-13 09:57:18

What does the pop-up say as you click post message, it disappeared so fast I couldn't read it.

BIWI Tue 10-Sep-13 10:01:12

Spacing has definitely changed - you've gone from single line spacing to line and a half spacing.

Please change it back! It makes long threads even longer to scroll through!

SoupDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 10:02:23

No, don't change it back - it looks lovely. smile

Is there a bigger margin than normal on the left I thought it was always like that.

Aristo - it says please wait, if you close it before is disappears it stops your post from posting. It kept me hanging for ages, I thought I might be on some MN list it took so long!

FruOla Tue 10-Sep-13 10:06:47

MNHQ, wouldn't it be a good idea to 'sticky' this thread so it stays at the top? And while you're at it, duplicate this thread into AIBU and Chat?

Every time there's a site change, whether it's major or minor, it always spawns a multitude of threads - not just in Site Stuff, but generally in AIBU and Chat too.

I'm going to report my own post here grin

piratecat Tue 10-Sep-13 10:11:43

the line spacing is toooooo

wide

please can you change it back.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 10:14:58

FruOla

MNHQ, wouldn't it be a good idea to 'sticky' this thread so it stays at the top? And while you're at it, duplicate this thread into AIBU and Chat?

Every time there's a site change, whether it's major or minor, it always spawns a multitude of threads - not just in Site Stuff, but generally in AIBU and Chat too.

I'm going to report my own post here grin

Hi all,

Apols, this is the plan but things ran away with us blush
We have some other changes coming soon and we will be starting a thread to explain fully, apologies.

BoozyBear Tue 10-Sep-13 10:15:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BoozyBear Tue 10-Sep-13 10:16:35

BoozyBear Tue 10-Sep-13 10:16:57

BoozyBear Tue 10-Sep-13 10:17:57

FruOla Tue 10-Sep-13 10:18:48

Thank you! And by duplicating it into AIBU and Chat means that, hopefully, everyone will end up posting their queries on the same thread.

(Although, TBH, I don't know why some people don't look in Site Stuff first in case there's an existing thread confused)

Yes, why is there a "Please wait a minute" box??

mistlethrush Tue 10-Sep-13 10:37:21

Why do we need a 'please wait... please wait' box coming up? Its annoying and doesn't add anything - I would prefer nothing to happen for a sec rather than something pointless.

Yes, I dont like it when pointless things happen.

YoniBottsBumgina Tue 10-Sep-13 10:41:53

I don't like it either sad The font looks stupid and childish now whereas the spacing was neat before.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 10:51:09

YoniBottsBumgina

I don't like it either sad The font looks stupid and childish now whereas the spacing was neat before.

Hi Yoni,

Font and spacing look ok in Chrome and Firefox on a Mac, can you tell me where it looks different? Which device are you using and which browser?
We know classic has changed a bit but we'd like to know if it's elsewhere too.

Thanks verily...

Tee2072 Tue 10-Sep-13 10:55:17

Rebecca, it's definitely 1.5 leading on Chrome and Firefox on Windows. It used to be 1.

Margins look the same to me.

usualsuspect Tue 10-Sep-13 10:55:42

The OP colour has changed on the first post.

It's no longer in a highlighted colour

BoozyBear Tue 10-Sep-13 10:55:44

BoozyBear Tue 10-Sep-13 10:58:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now