I see you have taken on board all our misgivings about the social share buttons, and made them even BIGGER!!!!

(27 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

So many mn-etters have complained about the social share buttons.
And now you have made them even bigger, brighter and more noticeable.

I understand you want to grow your business.

I interpret these new buttons to be admission that not enough people share threads on Facebook, etc now, so you make them big and bright hoping people will notice them and click.

I honestly think that most posters dont WANT to announce their membership and possibly reveal their name on Facebook or connect their Twitter with MN.

So why not just forget these buttons, eh?

Pachacuti Thu 15-Aug-13 13:11:13

Actually, the number of posters saying "Oh, no, in the old days it was very unlikely that anyone would ever be arsed to share a thread on Facebook or Twitter" has made me change my mind on the buttons and think they are a good idea -- not because they make it easier to share, but because they focus posters' attention on the fact that threads can be shared.

MN threads have always been shared on social media (well, since social media really kicked off). Sometimes they've been picked up by The Wright Stuff or the Daily Mail . If you aren't happy to take the chance that that could happen to your thread, then you probably shouldn't post it.

Pachacuti Thu 15-Aug-13 13:12:55

Cross-posted with Helen saying the same thing far more eloquently (as always...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now