Show JUST the OP's posts

(14 Posts)
GiraffesAndButterflies Fri 09-Aug-13 20:47:57

I know we have the option to colour code the OP's posts. But am I alone in thinking it would be helpful to show the OP's posts alone?

Or, to put it another way, I cannot be arsed to scroll through over 2000 posts to find out what's going on with TidyDancer smile but I'm assuming that I would get the gist if I could easily read just her posts!

GiraffesAndButterflies

I I cannot be arsed to scroll

hmm
You're not really selling the problem to us grin

Tee2072 Fri 09-Aug-13 21:07:30

Ctrl-F and type TidyDancer, skip on down the page.

GiraffesAndButterflies Fri 16-Aug-13 21:07:24

I can see my pitch was lacking a certain something grin but given that they're now on thread 4, it might seem a bit less unreasonable? <clutches straws>

There's a thread 4 shock <off to find it>

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 17-Aug-13 07:05:21

There's a summary of that story near the start of thread 4 smile

stella1w Sat 17-Aug-13 07:36:46

I am with the op. It is a real pain scrolling through long threads on the phone trying to find updates from the OP and getting a whole lot of posts that say "just seeing how you are today op".

Tee2072 Sat 17-Aug-13 07:38:32

And on your phone, select 'find in page' in the browser menu and type in OP's name...

liger Sat 17-Aug-13 07:49:25

This has crossed my mind too.

Mostly because I only ever mumsnet on my phone. A button that could just reduce a thread to the OP's posts would be really lovely. I'd get the gist of what's going on then every the thread to normal to scroll and read the opinions and witticism.

Tidydancers many threads are a perfect case in point.

Ta muchly !

Fiderer Sat 17-Aug-13 09:07:21

What Tee said - twice!

- "Ctrl-F and type TidyDancer, skip on down the page."

- "And on your phone, select 'find in page' in the browser menu and type in OP's name..."

liger Sat 17-Aug-13 20:54:47

She did. And I had a good look on my iphone mumsnet page to attempt to do this. And failed.

I'm missing something really obvious clearly and I'm keen to learn.

[ been around for years blush]

Sorry MNHQ

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 17-Aug-13 20:57:54

hi Liger

I think Tee's method only works on desktops; might this work for you on iPhone? (Sorry it's a bit fiddly, but in all honesty given the size of Tech's to-do list, this one is not likely to make it into the consideration category for some time...)

liger Sat 17-Aug-13 21:06:49

Oo lovely thank you Rowan. A workable solution and reassurance that I'm not entirely ignorant !

And some cake for Tech

GiraffesAndButterflies Sat 17-Aug-13 21:12:41

Oo I like the find for iPhone. Thanks Tee and Rowan! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now