Email from Justine

(34 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Wed 17-Jul-13 16:47:08

I got an email purporting go be from Justine Roberts ( Is she not a wonderful co- founder of Mumsnet?)
Is this email kosher?
I didn't open it .

JustineMumsnet Belgium (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jul-13 14:02:55

TwasBrillig

So do you know if person x has opened an email or just what percentage?

Clever stuff but freaked a bit by what people might know - they'd know I'd read their email and not yet replied!!

We know who has opened our mails, ie those from Mumsnet HQ. I doubt many individuals track things like that, though, as it costs money to do so.

Tee2072 Sun 28-Jul-13 19:03:26

If they use the right software, Twas, they will know if you personally opened an email from them...

I don't know about Big Brother, but MNHQ is watching...

I like that the emails are from Justine, even though I know she's not there typing them herself!

TwasBrillig Tue 23-Jul-13 07:20:14

So do you know if person x has opened an email or just what percentage?

Clever stuff but freaked a bit by what people might know - they'd know I'd read their email and not yet replied!!

JustineMumsnet Belgium (MNHQ) Tue 23-Jul-13 07:12:00

I know. How cool is that!

You can tell how many people open your emails??shock

< faints at modern technology>

JustineMumsnet Belgium (MNHQ) Mon 22-Jul-13 23:11:12

So sorry if we freaked you out. It was, as said, an experiment suggested by the Techies to get more folks to open our emails, and it did seem to work - open rate was considerably higher than usual. But it may well be a temporary why the jeff is this Justine person mailing me type thing. In which case, clearly, we'll revert back to MN Towers email.

nenevomito Thu 18-Jul-13 21:16:45

I saw it and wondered why the jeff Justine would email me, saw it was a newsletter and went meh.

I open them because they're from Mumsnet. Having it from Justine was just weird.

ShowOfHands Thu 18-Jul-13 21:10:31

I've just run off and checked my emails, all excited in case HelenMN had contacted me directly. Alas, no.

Not to worry though, I'm getting a free penis enlargement. Woohoo.

EduCated Bosnia-Herzegovina Thu 18-Jul-13 21:06:20

lougle I signed up with a false name <norty> so that confuses me even more when I open up grin

NandH Thu 18-Jul-13 21:04:57

No email for me sad

NandH Thu 18-Jul-13 21:01:50

Off to check my emails blush

lougle Thu 18-Jul-13 20:24:56

Speaking of emails, if I report a post, I sometimes get an email back saying

"Hi <first name>, thanks for reporting that thread....."

I find it a bit disconcerting that I'm being addressed by my real name, rather than my username. Not that my identity is secret - I share enough on here to identify me and I never share anything I wouldn't want to 'follow' me. It's just that MN gives anonymity to users.

bryonywhisker Thu 18-Jul-13 19:21:32

I thought it was phishing type spam too as Justine would be far too busy to be sending out mails

MmeLindor Germany Thu 18-Jul-13 19:19:17

It did.

I tend to open all your emails, except the MN recommends when I am feeling a bit skint. [swot]

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Jul-13 14:34:29

MmeLindor

I thought I was SPECIAL, and that it was cause MNHQ luffs me that they got Justine to email me.

I thought I was on The List of Favourite MNetters

Now I see it was a marketing ploy to get me to open an email, and I am distraught.

Might have to go and eat a brownie to console myself...

Ah but did it work? wink

Panzee Thu 18-Jul-13 11:11:00

I thought this was a stealth boast thread grin

RoooneyMara Thu 18-Jul-13 11:10:04

I seem to have Olivia Vandyk in my email contacts and it's been there for years and I Don't Know WHY.

MmeLindor Germany Thu 18-Jul-13 11:04:57

I thought I was SPECIAL, and that it was cause MNHQ luffs me that they got Justine to email me.

I thought I was on The List of Favourite MNetters

Now I see it was a marketing ploy to get me to open an email, and I am distraught.

Might have to go and eat a brownie to console myself...

IamtheZombie Wed 17-Jul-13 23:41:04

Zombie sobs and reattaches her fingers and toes.

IamtheZombie Wed 17-Jul-13 23:32:17

Zombie runs off to check the email account associated with MN. She has her fingers and toes crossed. grin

Ruprekt Wed 17-Jul-13 22:57:40

I want an email from Justine.

ShaggingZumbaStylee Wed 17-Jul-13 22:56:39

I thought it was spam too! Sorry!

Absolutely smile

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Jul-13 18:04:26

KatieScarlett

I would open if from you Helen ( big sook) mwa x

Aw.

Do you think I should suggest that? <head swells>

I would open if from you Helen ( big sook) mwa x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now