request for new sections in Education

(38 Posts)
katydid02 Sun 07-Jul-13 08:29:57

There are sections for primary and secondary, please could there be sections for first and middle schools as well as sometimes it'd be useful to post on a specific forum for these schools given the issues coming up at different ages to primary/secondary - e.g. changing schools and differences with year 4 being the oldest etc.

Sparklingbrook Sun 14-Jul-13 18:59:48

I think they should have sections in School Years. Straight to the year you want?

I asked for a Scottish education section a few years ago, and I think the MN towers response was that they thought it was a good idea...

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 14-Jul-13 19:07:03

katydid02

Do MNHQ read site stuff?

hello
Sorry I'm late
Yes we do
We will have a look at this and see what's occurring

katydid02 Mon 15-Jul-13 07:30:45

Thanks Olivia, I hope you've been out enjoying the sun and not slaving over a hot laptop!
Sparklingbrook, I like your suggestion of school years. Of course year 4 in a first school is going to be a bit different to a year 4 in a primary school but you can always post in year 6 for leavers stuff smile

Sparklingbrook Mon 15-Jul-13 09:01:34

Yes Katy that's true. WRT Educational/curriculum stuff years would be good I think.

I do get a bit sad when everyone is on about their Year 7s going off to Secondary when that doesn't happen here.And their Year 4 is just another Primary year but it's a big deal for us.

I don't think we are going two tier any time soon.

Succubi Mon 15-Jul-13 09:05:17

Is it possible to have a private school sub category as well?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Jul-13 12:58:34

Thanks for all of these suggestions. We'll have a good think about them - and see if we can find some way to please you all <twists self in knots>

Sparklingbrook Mon 15-Jul-13 13:00:14

Thanks HelenMNHQ. smile

katydid02 Mon 15-Jul-13 17:11:51

Thanks HelenMNHQ smile

Erebus Tue 16-Jul-13 09:23:37

Wish we had a 3 tier system! Makes so much sense, moving the DC from one stage of their education to the next in line with their physical and emotional/hormonal changes! We were lucky to have a separate Infants and Juniors, but of course that was between Y2 and 3 whereas I believe Infants should go to the end of Y3, Juniors Y4-7 if not 8, Senior from Y8 or 9 upwards.

Hijack over.

NoComet Tue 16-Jul-13 09:27:21

A London schools section would be my request. They seem to be loads of very specific problems connected with over subscribed London schools that are pretty meaningless to those of us in the sticks.

katydid02 Mon 12-Aug-13 10:01:43

What was the outcome of this please?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Aug-13 10:05:16

katydid02

What was the outcome of this please?

No outcome yet, I'm afraid katydid02. We're still mulling it over.

We're all for new topics where there's a demand but we also know, from the past, that sometimes we can create new topics and then noone uses them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now