MNHQ are you really advertising pole dancing?

(61 Posts)

Adverts for stag do parties in Budapest with the image of a woman's leg in a high heel next to a pole?
I didn't click on it so it may be something completely different but I know what it looked like! I couldn't believe my eyes.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Jul-13 17:38:04

Hello all,

Thank you to those who reported this thread to us - and sorry that this has happened!

Does anyone have a link or screenshot to the ad? We'll look into it postehaste.

We're going to move this to Site Stuff in just a mo, as it's a site ishoo. It's generally better to post about this sort of thing there, as we check it regularly. And plus site ishoos should go in the site topic <anal>

<idly wonders what a hen do organised by MNers would be like>

We appreciate you patience, and will try to get this sorted asap!

Tee2072 Mon 01-Jul-13 17:42:17

Kate there's a screen shot on Stealth's profile.

AnyFucker Mon 01-Jul-13 17:42:18

This has happened before, IIRC

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Jul-13 17:43:30

Tee2072

Kate there's a screen shot on Stealth's profile.

So there is, thanks Tee.

Thank you for looking into this. Sorry screenshot is so poor.

I looked at the Ebay links too. My poor computer history. sad

reggiebean Mon 01-Jul-13 18:48:48

PeteCampbell It was on my work laptop as well. [prays computer doesn't suddenly break resulting in it being handed into IT/all of my eBay links being discovered/me being sacked and possibly reported as a Grade A weirdo]

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Jul-13 13:54:51

Hello. I think we've blocked that ad but do please tell us if you see it popping up anywhere again.

Tee2072 Wed 03-Jul-13 13:56:40

Thanks Helen.

nannynick Wed 03-Jul-13 14:22:54

On my adsense account I can block 500 domains, so could block all ads where the advertiser has linked to a specific domain. Expect Mumsnet has the same option (though with luck Google lets them block more than 500 domains if they need to, as they serve more ads than a small blog like mine).

Thank you, will do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now