Chosing Topic in Advanced Search

(7 Posts)
lsa2 Sat 29-Jun-13 16:22:28

In the past when I did an Advanced Search and clicked on Choose Topic a box dropped down with all the topics in it. With the newer layout although there is still the Search All/Choose Topic button to click on to when I do so there is no information up for me to choose the topic I want. Am I doing something wrong or is the facility for looking in a particular topic no longer available?

lsa2 Sat 29-Jun-13 16:26:28

* Sorry, Choosing not Chosing

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Jul-13 10:25:47

Hi Isa2. So sorry you haven't had a reply to this until now.

When you click on the Choose Topic button, a box should drop down with all the topics to choose from, so it's a bit odd that you can't see it.

Can we ask how you're viewing MN? Are you on a phone or a tablet or a computer? And which browser are you using?

lsa2 Mon 01-Jul-13 15:44:59

Hi Helen thanks for replying. I am using a laptop computer and Internet
Explorer. (Have just had another go on clicking the Choose Topic option and definitely nothing happening at the moment, it just stays as it was.)

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Jul-13 23:32:42

Ok. I know this sounds silly but have you tried scrolling down a bit?

The dropdown for the Topics list does happen underneath the Choose Topics button and I always find it drops off the bottom edge of my broswer window, so I have to scroll to see it.

lsa2 Tue 02-Jul-13 20:37:09

I have just looked and unfortunately nothing is happening on mine when I click on any of the buttons, even the Search By Time one. I have tried scrolling right down. Thank you for trying to help me.

lsa2 Mon 08-Jul-13 13:55:34

I just thought I would post this in case anyone else has had the same problem as me - I was just reading the Slow Loading Pages thread and followed Meglet's tip to go into Tools and unclick Compatability Settings to stop the pages taking so long to load. It has now also made it possible for me to choose topics again by having the drop down box showing when I click on Choose Topic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now