Oh, mnhq...

(10 Posts)
RaisingChaotic Thu 27-Jun-13 10:18:12

Now I can understand why you absorbed my town into the Liverpool local...having been on my local before you did it was like observing tumbleweed, in fact it would put tumbleweed to shame grin

However, making it disappear altogether? hmm I know St Helens is a dump and not much goes on here but there are still people living here and the occasional thing to do. Or have I disappeared into a void and haven't realised it yet hmmgrin

I have fond memories of going to St. Helens show when I was a kid!

<helpful>

RaisingChaotic Thu 27-Jun-13 11:19:49

Yes, I have fond memories of St Helens show when I was little. Unfortunately that's one more thing that has gone down hill over the years.

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Thu 27-Jun-13 11:22:08

I should probably be ashamed to say that I have no idea if my village is on 'my local' or not. Oops.

Good luck getting it re-instated or refinding it

RaisingChaotic Thu 27-Jun-13 12:00:16

I only know because I promised the local editor that I would add some information about my town, eg toddler groups, to the site.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Jun-13 13:51:45

Hi RaisingChaotic

We've asked Emma, our Local supremo about this and she says that, given St Helens site was such tumbleweed, we thought we'd be better off just having Liverpool as a broad catch-all Local for that area, and trying to get that going.

The new Liverpool Local Editor hasn't quite started on managing things yet (although she has got meet-ups going wine), so we've just gone in and added St Helens as an "area label", so you can say it hasn't been forgotten or overlooked!

Do please add any listings you'd like to: that would be WONDERFUL!

Also, if you'd to become a Local Ambassador and start some meet-ups in St Helens, we could create a page for you like this: http://local.mumsnet.com/liverpool/group-meet-ups/liverpool-centre

Do please let us know if that would tickle your fancy. <g'wan!>

RaisingChaotic Thu 27-Jun-13 17:00:21

Thank you smile

I'm not bothered about being absorbed into the Liverpool area, it makes sense to do so. I know the Liverpool Local Editor, I met her at the last meet grin, lovely woman that she is.

The Local Ambassador sounds interesting but I'm about to start a new job and I'm quite possibly the only one from St Helens...hence the tumbleweed wink. A meeting with me and err me would certainly be different hmmgrin I'll think about it though.

RaisingChaotic Sat 29-Jun-13 21:43:28

I will be an ambassordor. What do you have to do?

RaisingChaotic Sat 29-Jun-13 21:46:02

Ambassador even.

RaisingChaotic Sat 29-Jun-13 21:47:11

I eant a card

Luffs you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now