Mumsnet, your app is crap

(105 Posts)
dianettey Tue 18-Jun-13 19:32:17

It doesn't display the £ symbol. Instead I get &pounds78. It doesn't make for a pleasant reading experience.

Furthermore, the hmm emoticon, which in its original form is a thing of beauty, just looks a bit sad. The blush emoticon just looks a bit shocked, the sad is just a bit tired, the biscuit looks like a tyre, andwine is no longer wine but a frigging cocktail glass.

You can't click through to the topic when reading a thread, the active convos go on forever and I hate the advert at the bottom making the amount of reading space available even tinier.

AmandinePoulain Wed 19-Jun-13 07:11:48

Ilovemydog are you using the app or the mobile site? Because I can't do any of those things on my iPhone 5 app! confused

My newest issue is that some threads crash the app every time I click on them. And this morning I can't get in at all, I've just got the MN logo hmm

Plus I miss £ signs, and the proper hmm sad

We complained months ago about all this, what's going on?

Exhaustipated Wed 19-Jun-13 07:32:39

YES!

I have been meaning to post about this for ages. Why is it so rubbish? It's much less user friendly than the mobile site, which I use instead.

AmandinePoulain Wed 19-Jun-13 07:41:26

I've just reinstalled and now I can't even log in!

Adding my voice to the list.
I have the app on my Samsung galaxy ace and am bored scrolling through pages of stickier threads.
It's slightly better on the iPad, but I cannot even get in this morning, so am using the safari version.

Yes, having all of these issues. And today it's not logging in at all either.

Sigh.

£ sign?

Youse lot are money obsessed.

wink

Sleepyfergus Wed 19-Jun-13 08:20:39

Yes, yes, yes to everything already said, and since last night it won't even open. Can't be arsed uninstalling and reinstalling it right now so I'm in the mobile site rather than the app.

Also, I have typed replies to threads and hit submit, and they have disappeared. Not that is bloody annoying.

Please, please tell us that there is a shiny new and improved app "just around the corner". Pretty please?

Succubi Wed 19-Jun-13 08:24:11

I can't log in either. Deleted and reinstalled but it won't let me back in.

Sleepyfergus Wed 19-Jun-13 08:28:22

*now

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 19-Jun-13 08:36:29

Well I think it's an app but perhaps I installed a shortcut on my home screen? Can't remember now.

blush

Mine won't do anything at the moment. It's obviously sulking at all the (justified) criticisms.

TheFallenNinja Wed 19-Jun-13 09:22:00

Same here. C'mon mumsnet. Give us some feedback.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Jun-13 09:26:28

Morning. And sorry that no one from MNHQ has replied on this thread yet. That's rubbish of us blush

OK, so today it appear the app is not working at all at the moment. We're on the case.

As for the general all-round crapness when it is working, yes, we're aware of this - and we're sorry. Site Stuff is full of threads of us apologising for all the current glitches with the app and asking for your patience while we try to get them fixed.

We're afraid that we still need your patience. It's a complicated project that's not entirely within our control (yet) here at MNHQ but I can promise you that we are striding around waving big sticks and generally doing all we can to get the app de-crapped.

In the meantime, you may prefer to use the mobile version of the site (search for mumsnet.com) - which is pretty much glitch-free.

Thanks Helen.

The app is connecting again now.

bonzo77 Wed 19-Jun-13 10:30:00

Yes to all the glitches mentioned above. It's beyond tedious. As if I don't waste enough time on here anyway without the app crashing, not letting me in, etc etc. I've now deleted it, and bookmarked the mobile site with am icon on my iPhone 4 home screen. And yes the old app was better. The pound thing and accents piss me off, the smilies are poo, especially the hmm which I was a little bit in love with

TheFallenNinja Wed 19-Jun-13 11:44:44

Is it worth compiling a list, say bugs and features?

At least then there's a target?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Jun-13 12:30:55

TheFallenNinja

Is it worth compiling a list, say bugs and features?

At least then there's a target?

Oh, we have a list. Believe me.

It is very very very very long.

AmandinePoulain Wed 19-Jun-13 12:31:47

Thanks for fixing today's problems thanks

TheFallenNinja Wed 19-Jun-13 15:15:21

Oh well.

I guess keeping the core data available and fast is the primary priority. smile

Good luck

KneeDeepInDaisies Wed 19-Jun-13 15:28:32

Can't wait for the "decrapped app" grin

TinTinsSexySister Wed 19-Jun-13 15:41:51

Oh, thank The Lord I found this thread.

I am very sorry to say this, but there is no doubt that this is a fucking shitting useless arse of an app.

I have all of the issues above and more.

It has resulted in me decreasing the amount of time I spend on here.

Take &?!eacute£poundsign that!

TinTinsSexySister Wed 19-Jun-13 15:41:52

Oh, thank The Lord I found this thread.

I am very sorry to say this, but there is no doubt that this is a fucking shitting useless arse of an app.

I have all of the issues above and more.

It has resulted in me decreasing the amount of time I spend on here.

Take &?!eacute£poundsign that!

TinTinsSexySister Wed 19-Jun-13 15:42:23

Gah!

Pretty please can you change the placement of the Just Giving icon. (You're probably getting paid per click so the accidental ones are profitable for you, but they're irritating - and it's probably unethical to keep it there for that reason alone.)

And the 26 stickies are a pain - please can you just get rid of stickies till you can fix them properly?

ComtessedeFrouFrou Wed 26-Jun-13 21:51:38

Out of genuine interest, why are people not using the mobile site? I tried the app ones (aaaages ago) and I couldn't see any benefit over the mobile site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now