Getting a darker background??

(9 Posts)
ArtemisiaofCaria Wed 19-Jun-13 13:47:19

Thanks Helen - I already do that though!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Jun-13 13:21:19

Hello. Thanks for this suggestion - we'll definitely have a think.

In the meantime, there are apps that you can use that will change the colour temperature/brightness of your screen automatically.

You could look at f.lux (for Windows, Mac, iPad/iPhone) or easyEyez (Android), which change the temperature and brightness depending on the time of day.

ArtemisiaofCaria Tue 18-Jun-13 22:42:42

Maybe the mobile version could be different? We can change the background colour on some posts already, all OP posts are green for me.

FruOla Tue 18-Jun-13 19:17:15

Probably, KateSMNHQ, but if you changed the main background to another colour then I bet all hell would break loose (<snort> grin) - but, not least of which, which other colour would be compatible with all the other text, ads etc? And, back in the early days, I guess people were just MNing from PCs. These days people MN from all sorts of devices.

I wonder what Tech thinks about this? <apart from holding his head in his hands!>

OnTheNingNangNong Tue 18-Jun-13 11:02:12

I find this a problem at night too. It's too bright to use when resettling DS2, he knows when I'm Mumsnetting!

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 18-Jun-13 10:59:49

<muses idly> wonder whether this has anything to do with the page being mainly white?

Is anyone else having a problem with this?

FruOla Tue 18-Jun-13 09:04:55

Back when it were all fields around here (before my time), I gather that MN had a night time mode where the screen darkened - I've read about this on a few threads.

But I wonder if they decided to stop it since there are MNers all over the world now - and whilst it might be 2am in the UK, it might be 2pm elsewhere. But I have no idea whether that mode is governed by MN's clock, or the clock on the device that you're using (I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about though grin).

ArtemisiaofCaria Mon 17-Jun-13 22:25:51

E.g. MN is what I use as a 'torch' at night...

ArtemisiaofCaria Mon 17-Jun-13 22:25:12

Brightness on my phone is set to lowest level, but the MN webpage is so bright it is painful to look at, especially at nighttime.

As I like to use it when dealing with DS at night, any chance of a less retina damaging background?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now