It doesn;t take much for me.

wink

Or Mardy.

wink

And, yus, it's a portmanteau.

smile

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Jun-13 22:43:52

<mwah>

I've no idea what you're on about, Chaos <gin blurring vision probably> but I love your threads anyway!

It.

was.

a.

blend.

of.

the.

words.

therad.

and.

inspire.

Helen.

<<speaks s l o w l y..

wink

BOF Tue 11-Jun-13 23:08:28

I am shit at starting threads. They tend to die before they get into double figures. I think I must lack the knack for intriguing tities.

Ahha, a true untriguer, then?

wink

BOF Tue 11-Jun-13 23:09:22

*titles. My tities have intrigued hundreds.

I just right any old cobblers TBH.

lougle Tue 11-Jun-13 23:10:36

I'm with you, BOF.

I laughed the other day. I started a thread with a feminist angle (very unlike me) admittedly in AIBU rather than Feminism, but it fizzled right from the start. I bet if someone else had started it, there would have been a campaign born right there and then grin.

*write even hmm

grin at BOF.

You truly boobed that up.

wink

nenevomito Wed 12-Jun-13 09:24:48

Most of my threads these days are about stupid pigoen bloke at work or general work rants. No one really replies, but I don't care as its stopping me from lobbing shoes at his head.

I have chatted to myself quite merrily on a thread baby. grin

Fenton Wed 12-Jun-13 09:27:27

Coo coo COOOO coo

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Jun-13 09:52:13

<joins in>
<kills thread immediately>

Hullygully Wed 12-Jun-13 09:57:08

Boredom/mischief

but mostly rage

Fenton Wed 12-Jun-13 09:58:52

And I thought I'd killed it with my pigeon. I only did it to annoy babyheave, but she's probably busy killing pigeon bloke with shoes.

I thought you were saying I was cuckoo Fenton. grin

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Jun-13 14:12:46

<still has NO idea what's going on>

Fenton Wed 12-Jun-13 14:22:06

Well, Helen, let me exlain.

I thought that Chaos was saying she'd been drinking some posh French wine and started one of her 'musings' - then I googled 'portmanteau' and found that this meant to blend two words to form a new word with a combined meaning, in this case Thread Inspire becomes 'Threadspire'

But the thread didn't take off all that much because it was late, BOF made some boob about her fabulous tits and poor babyheave is still coping with her pigeon calling minion at work - my god he's been at it for days, weeks.

I'm not sure I understand any of Hully's posts, ever.

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Jun-13 17:50:05

<still none the wiser>

TheRealFellatio Wed 12-Jun-13 17:53:43

Me neither Helen but there are lots of nice people here so let's just stay. It might make sense eventually if we take some drugs.

nenevomito Wed 12-Jun-13 18:01:50

Please don't coo at me.

<cries>

I'm plagued by birds. Plagued I tell you.

There's a bird who hangs out in our garden that has learned to mimic the sounds of our phone perfectly. It started out doing it once or twice, but now it's its favourite song.

Have you ever tried to answer a bird?

What with pigeon man at work and telephone bird at home, I am going to go even more bonkers.

nenevomito Wed 12-Jun-13 18:04:24

Could be worse I suppose. Pigeon man could start mimicking phones as well.

Then he would die. grin

Tee2072 Wed 12-Jun-13 18:05:40

I thought a portmanteau was a piece of luggage?

Or a place in the middle east?

::also lost::

Fenton Wed 12-Jun-13 20:16:06

The people next door to my parents had a mynah bird which was a brilliant mimic, it could trill-phone, door bell and call 'Jeff, Darling' (or something very similar) to perfection.

So much cooler than a pigeon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now