Stop it!!!!

(103 Posts)
Yonihadtoask Fri 24-May-13 18:13:46

Why do you keep going offline Mumsnet?

Is annoying.

NetworkGuy Mon 27-May-13 10:49:05

OYBBK - break probably needs a bit more 'description'...

NetworkGuy Mon 27-May-13 10:47:54

Thanks for that - will take a look.

Tech (MNHQ) Mon 27-May-13 03:30:16

Hi the text size problem on android should be fixed now.

It keeps breaking on my ipad

NetworkGuy Sun 26-May-13 02:32:37

Back to try desktop mode and working fine, so far, at least on this tablet..

NetworkGuy Sun 26-May-13 02:30:02

Size was fine when I used 'desktop' not 'Android' user agent ID in Dolphin, but then text input went to pot (guess JS or something, but perhaps a bug in browser and nothing to do with MN... except I also had some error about must not be a blank post... ad that must be from MN... then again browser perhaps acted prematurely as if I had hit both Preview and Post as I had 2 error messages!)

NetworkGuy Sun 26-May-13 02:21:46

And it's hardly likely that First Previous Next Last will bump into each other smile

NetworkGuy Sun 26-May-13 02:20:19

No, not optical illusion...

34 char of my post, but 60 char in purple box, so font really could be bumped up significantly in purple box.. it is almost unreadable, as if it is 5pt!!

NetworkGuy Sun 26-May-13 02:16:22

Using an Archos 70 ( Android 2.3 ) tablet with Dolphin browser and must agree that text input box allows under 40 char width as font nice and big, but displayed posts run to approx 170 char across screen. Think input font could do with slight reduction (50 char width) and output slight increase (110 char width) perhaps?

Purple box text seems smaller still but may be optical illusion, but given plenty of space within box, could it be a teensy bit bigger, please?

NetworkGuy Sun 26-May-13 02:07:05

50 on a mobile phone, or tablet, or PC? Apple, Windows, Android?

Sorry I'm just on a browser not an app.

Just realised, a lot of the purple boxes (like the one that says 'page 1 of 4' or the calendar on the Search page) are really tiny. I mean they are so small they are practically illegible. Aargh!

TIO Page appears fixed. However the text box is still massive & ridiculous. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Y running on Android.

Mine is OK again now. (text size on TIO)

AtYourCervix Sat 25-May-13 15:07:02

IT'S HUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEE

MegBusset Sat 25-May-13 14:56:19

I'm on an iPhone and Threads I'm On is buggered. The font size is mahoosive!

NetworkGuy Sat 25-May-13 14:55:14

sorry about the typos... I really must get to bed sometime!

NetworkGuy Sat 25-May-13 14:53:53

50shadesofbrown - might help Tech if you mention whether it is an Android phone (and which one) or iPhone or something else, such and a Windows phone and whether you are using a browser and which one or the MNet App, if you are having problems.

It might be the case they know what people are using from other threads, but I use a mix of Android phones, Windows, iMac and even a couple of Linux PCs so there are maybe 10 different possible browsers I could be using if I spot a problem (and I did the other day, where one of my 2 Sony Tipo phones showed none of the postings in a thread, but did show the top and bottom of the page, so the 'Add your message here' and box at the bottom was showing, and at the top it said 'Topics > Geeky Stuff' or similar and the thread title... but as it was only one one phone I assumed i had a setting wrong...)

I thought it was a miracle that i could see sad

piratecat Sat 25-May-13 09:10:50

i have posted about it before but now tech is here can you sort out the threads i am watching.
on the app. it never has them in date order. threads i am on is fine.

please have your 3 shredded wheat this morning. smile

The Threads I'm On page on my mobile app (Nokia Lumia) has got worse! The text size is only appropriate for people with a visual impairment. Otherwise it's completely impractical. I can only see about twenty words at a time on the screen.

Still broken. Please please please fix it soon! Not going offline but text box & sizes all wrong.

Tech, thanks. I understand it too, and these things happen.
I was forced had to go out to do stuff and thought that your uptime actually must be really good! Meeting SLA's I hope!

TotallyBursar Fri 24-May-13 21:55:30

Tech - so you broke it only to save the day by fixing it again...do you feel you would benefit from talking about that? <head tilt>

I joke, thank you for giving us an explanation. I understand it too shock and working so hard to fix it obvs.

usualsuspect Fri 24-May-13 21:54:48

I thought that was the problem.Tech. lies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now