Tech? Yoohoo! Are you playing with the mobile site?

(125 Posts)
DorisShutt Fri 24-May-13 11:23:48

iPhone 4S using safari browser and the mobile site.

The layout has all gone wonky - the buttons are huge and square and don't fit on the screen (under each other) and typing in the message box produces huge text.

T'is very disconcerting as I can only see about 4 words at a time.

(I've tried logging out and clearing my cache, history and cookies in case it's at my end).

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-May-13 11:26:21

Hmm, sorry about this - tis working for me (using same hardware/software as you)

Is this happening for anyone else?

Mine is all fitting on the page ok, but the font is HHUUGGEE in the typing box.

And theres a huge thing at the top of TIO for sorting their order.

I am on a galaxy ace using android.

It fits in page but the buttons that used to be bigger have shrunk and the smaller ones are massive. Even my text is massive as I write this.

DorisShutt Fri 24-May-13 11:30:12

Would screen shots help?

I'm on windows phone btw way using mobile site. Its run by Internet Explorer I think

fusspot66 Fri 24-May-13 11:31:21

Huge font!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-May-13 11:34:31

OK, thanks all - we'll get someone to take a look

Huge font here too

Im using samsung galaxy

I'm on an HTC android and seeing the same thing, HUGE font size in the box to type your text in and a giant button at the top of my inbox page with options to sort my PM's by.

Using mobile website BTW not the app, since my phone is shite and goes bang if I download more than two apps at a time.

fusspot66 Fri 24-May-13 11:38:44

And tiny button for next and previous etc

DorisShutt Fri 24-May-13 11:39:50

<digs out the gin for Tech>

Succoria Fri 24-May-13 11:41:44

Yes I'm using a nexus 7 and the font for my text input is huge, as are the posting buttons and options.

FarelyKnuts Fri 24-May-13 11:42:43

Happening for me too. Samsung S thingy (v technical) grin

tabulahrasa Fri 24-May-13 11:46:26

I'm quite liking the big font...

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-May-13 11:52:55

Yes, sorry - this seems to be related to a software release this morning. Tech is on the case...

DorisShutt Fri 24-May-13 11:55:33

Cool. Thanks Rowan (and poor overworked Tech!)

I'm making cake later for DD's birthday, shall I make some extra for tech? Mmm gin and cake Friday...

I was just about to start the same thread. Mobile site, android phone. Huuuuge font in the text box and tio has a weird big bit at the top.

MirandaWest Fri 24-May-13 12:03:02

Something is a bit different on iPhone 3GS - the text size is larger in the typing box and the preview and post message look a bit different. Threads I'm on also different.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-May-13 12:45:12

Hello. OK, as RowanMN said, the release we've done this morning (to simplify/improve the registration process) has created a few glitches for those using phones.

Sorry.

From what we can work out from this thread - and our various scrabblings around on our phones in the office - this is what we know:

* Text in the message box is much bigger, especially if you're on an android device

* The Sort button in Threads I'm On has gone supersize.

* The links for Next and Previous (pages) are a bit teeny

* Some other prompt buttons, in places like Customise, have gone supersize too.

We can fix all these - and are on the case now.

Are there any other issues, not in the list above, that we should know about?

nannynick Fri 24-May-13 12:52:01

Once a sentence is written I can't write more on a PM. Text box too small for the huge font.

PolterGoose Fri 24-May-13 12:54:15

As well as all that my preview and post message buttons have gone big too. On iPhone using mobile site.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-May-13 12:56:10

nannynick

Once a sentence is written I can't write more on a PM. Text box too small for the huge font.

Oh no. We'll look into that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now