iPad app - same threads appearing over and over again - is it just me?

(36 Posts)
Bluestocking Tue 07-May-13 21:08:16

That's it really. On my iPad, the same threads appear over and over again when I scroll down in Active. Any idea why?

UntamedShrew Wed 22-May-13 22:15:07

I deleted the app a couple of days ago. Using the mobile site which is fine but I preferred the old version of the app...

Thank you Helen, good to know we're not forgotten about thanks

BeanoNoir Wed 22-May-13 05:44:13

Thanks for the reply. Is there any reason why we can't have old app back until problems are fixed with this one? Or is it too ood now?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-May-13 14:59:12

BeanoNoir

Do I have to report my post to get mnhq to see this thread and update? I thought site stuff just got looked at anyway.

Yes we do, honest! Sorry for not appearing sooner.

The truth is, the app isn't working as well we'd like it to at the moment <understatement>

We are trying to get it fixed but it's taking an age and lots of stuff is not completely within our easy control.

We are sorry about this and hope you can bear with us.

Some of you, in the meantime, might find it easier to use the mobile version of the site - which is much less glitchy, tbh.

BeanoNoir Mon 20-May-13 09:38:39

I reported thread a couple of days ago and mnhq said they'd have a look at it, so hopefully will get another answer soonish.

Morning Tech grin

rightsaidthread Sun 19-May-13 16:49:45

Another frustrated iPhone user

SkiBumMum Sun 19-May-13 16:47:42

It's really really annoying! Wish I hadn't updated about 6 months ago

onedev Sun 19-May-13 16:45:05

I don't think they could care less tbh - it's been like this for ages & I've been on countless threads asking them to fix it & nothing has happened yet unfortunately. hmm

I think I'll start commenting on this every day until Tech tell us they're working on it.

I know they're busy but this is really annoying. Surely someone at MNHQ must have an iPhone so they can see it in situ?

Has always been like this on my iPhone! Bloody irritating!

BumpingFuglies Wed 15-May-13 19:01:44

I get this too - I wonder if there is a solution?

Valpollicella Tue 14-May-13 21:30:25

Plus no more stickies on Android app

Valpollicella Tue 14-May-13 21:29:37

I get this on the Android app too!

potatofactory Tue 14-May-13 21:21:42

Has happened constantly to me - v annoying!!

BeanoNoir Tue 14-May-13 21:20:55

Do I have to report my post to get mnhq to see this thread and update? I thought site stuff just got looked at anyway.

onedev Sun 12-May-13 23:25:41

Totally agree with you Beano.

BeanoNoir Sun 12-May-13 22:21:09

The 'mumsnet' threads that are always at the top get repeated in their same order as I scroll down active threads. So it's not just bumping down older threads as it refreshes, it is actually looping and starting again from number one.

I hope that makes sense and is fixable.

The old app was great where you could just scroll through loads and loads of active convos without it refreshing and really take your pick from threads rather than having a choice from about 10.

It would be lovely to get this app fixed or changed, we have been asking for a long time. smile That's not pa, I'm just trying to sound a bit less cheeky probably failed

BeanoNoir Wed 08-May-13 12:14:54

I agree with Icantuck. I thought it was because of what you said tech, and I can't really explain why I changed my mind, but the way I have seen threads recur doesn't make sense with this theory.

Even if that was the case, it's still really annoying. The old app you could just scroll through loads of active convos until you chose to refresh. Can't it go back to being like that? The auto refreshing is a rubbish feature if it means you just see the same threads over and over again.

Hello Tech

I don't think that's it, as the 'sticky' threads keep reappearing aswell, and they're not always the most active.

Alsoof you do a massive give-it-a-good-bit-of-welly scroll the same thing happens, even in the middle of the night when it would be impossible for it to be that active.

I don't know how clear that is blush

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 07-May-13 23:07:41

Hi, this is one thing that can happen:

1) You go on phone / pad to active - it gives (e.g.) ten active convs.
2) You scroll down after a bit, and app asks for entries 11-20 in the active convs list.

BUT, between you doing 1 and 2 people are still posting on threads, so a thread that was at number 5 in the first request might now be at 14, so it appears again in the list when you scroll down.

Could that be it?

BeanoNoir Tue 07-May-13 21:51:57

Been like it on iPhone for ages. Since before Christmas I think?

SoupDragon Tue 07-May-13 21:49:43

What advantage does the ipad app have over just viewing the site through safari?

onedev Tue 07-May-13 21:49:30

We've asked for the app to he fixed quite a few times but still no joy!! Please fix it Mumsnet hq!!

MrsRandom78 Tue 07-May-13 21:47:34

And me! Thought I was doing something wrongblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now