Adverts down each side of page...

(79 Posts)
Rosesforrosie Thu 18-Apr-13 10:42:27

Are they here to stay MNHQ? Because it's really, really, annoying...

I'm talking specifically about the flashing mayor of London cycling one.

Fuckwittery Fri 19-Apr-13 00:20:20

Makes my font waaaay too small and the way it flicks on and off is annoying. I'd say it reduces page size by a third and font size accordingly! How do you take a screen shot on ipad?

Fuckwittery Fri 19-Apr-13 00:21:10

And can you give us the email add Colette, not sure what the usual address is. Thanks.

mummylin Fri 19-Apr-13 00:21:25

I have just sent you a screen shot of the page I was on , it includes the horrid advert ( I hope)

EggsEggSplat Fri 19-Apr-13 00:41:55

Extremely annoying on the iPad - makes the main text shrink unreadably small.

Please can you ask tech to abandon the experiment?

mummylin Fri 19-Apr-13 00:45:19

Forgot to add mine too is on my iPad.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 19-Apr-13 01:07:54

That advert is dreadful on iPad and looks like something has gone awry with your display

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 19-Apr-13 01:51:03

Nooooooo! Please, please make it stop!

(iPad, not using app)

<weeps> make it go away please. My eyesight is chronic as it is, add in ds being up since 4 and the adverts taking away 20% of the screen down eah side. Have sent screenshots.

And I'm not in London, only 17% of MNers are

Please don't, it fucks with the page size and makes the font tiny. I'll take a screenshot the next time it pops up as it seems to come and go.

Icedcakeandflower Fri 19-Apr-13 07:05:47

Nooooooo, it's back. Turn it off please!

NewFerry Fri 19-Apr-13 07:07:37

It's horrible on the iPad. Please make it go away

Bluebell99 Fri 19-Apr-13 07:11:21

It's still there this morning. sad I agree it 's awful, and reduces the iPad screen on both sides by a couple of cm. also of no relevance to me and don't even understand what it is trying to advertise!

Bunbaker Fri 19-Apr-13 07:16:12

Does adblock work on this type of thing?

I downloaded adblock and don't get any more crap when I look at my emails.

Prawntoast Fri 19-Apr-13 07:17:42

Really annoying on an IPad, please stop them!

Weegiemum Fri 19-Apr-13 07:19:42

I just enlarge the thread so it fills the screen. Pushes ads off the side, I never look at the ads anyway.

Piffpaffpoff Fri 19-Apr-13 07:21:17

It's back this morning. It's awful. Make it stop!!

Southeastdweller Fri 19-Apr-13 07:22:53

They're really annoying so please get rid of them.

MardyBra Fri 19-Apr-13 08:20:56

But if you enlarge the thread, it goes all wibbly when you scroll down.

Elliptic5 Fri 19-Apr-13 08:36:46

The cyclist advertising is ruining Mumsnet on my iPad - let me know when it's over - I'll come back then angry

evilgiraffe Fri 19-Apr-13 09:06:07

Same for me on my iPad - I was going to start a thread entitled "advertising bordery shit", but it seems I've been beaten to it. Obviously you can enlarge the thread so you can't see the ads, but as MardyBra says, that makes scrolling a right royal pain in the arse. Header adverts are irritating but easy to deal with; side adverts are a massive imposition. Interestingly, I've only got the ads on "Threads I'm On", not anything else (yet), but that is annoying enough! Please make it stop smile

Can I add my voice to the "get rid of it" camp? It's making viewing on the ipad pretty much unbearable.

Primrose123 Fri 19-Apr-13 09:09:55

I saw it too, but it has gone now. It made the text too small to be legible.

TSSDNCOP Fri 19-Apr-13 09:14:34

STOP.IT.NOW!!!

it's making my eyes go funny (iPad) and obviously I need to read about how another figure from my childhood has been arrested sad

I don't like it .
Please make it stop .
It makes the font far too small for me to read ,and it's annoying .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now