Mumsnet won't stay on mobile version even though I click 'yes always' on the options

(12 Posts)
HelenDaniels Tue 09-Apr-13 06:18:47

It still goes back to the regular site. It's a bit annoying.

I'm on an iPad by the way.

HelenDaniels Tue 09-Apr-13 07:32:57

I am really boring I know.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 09-Apr-13 18:26:56

No no, not boring at all. blush at taking so long.

Are you using Safari to access MN on the iPad?

Gerrof Wed 10-Apr-13 13:45:17

Thanks Rebecca - yes I am using safari.

Gerrof Wed 10-Apr-13 13:45:31

Sorry, I am the OP with a namechange.

Gerrof Wed 10-Apr-13 13:45:53

Oh but you would know that wouldn't you tosser blush

Gerrof Wed 10-Apr-13 13:46:08

ME a tosser, not you.

<gives up and goes away>

I get this too, not all the time; sometimes though. I use Opera mini on my rubbish old Nokia.

RedKites Thu 11-Apr-13 16:13:19

I have the opposite - I prefer to use the desktop version of the site, but roughly (or possibly even exactly) once a week it takes me to the mobile site, and then I have to select the desktop version again (and choose yes - always). I am using Safari on an iPhone.

NotQuiteSoOnEdge Thu 11-Apr-13 19:55:31

Me too, on iphone. I select 'yes, always', and weekly it asks me again. I don't like the mobile version, want to stay on full site always, but keep having to say so.

Caoilainn Fri 12-Apr-13 23:24:06

Safari on my phone s fine. Try on iPad and is painful.

HawthornLantern Fri 20-Sep-13 12:59:25

I know this thread is a few months old, but I was searching to see if anyone else had/had solved this issue.

Like RedKites, I prefer the desktop site even on my phone, but however often I choose "yes, always" every few days it is determined to give me another bit of the cherry and tries to take me to mobile site.

The phone is old (3GS) but its software is iO6 using Safari. No problem on iPad (first generation). It has never attempted to boot me to the mobile site. I wish the phone would take the same attitude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now