Do mumsnetters really not understand why the press calls them nasty.

(33 Posts)

All these nasty threads about a dead woman, it is disgusting and shows the true colours of many people on this site. Whatever she did or didn't do she is dead, it truly amazes me that you allow threads that say I heard someones was dead so started dancing or singing. The use of the c word why oh why is it needed such a foul word to call someone.

usualsuspect Mon 08-Apr-13 22:34:21

It does feel a bit like censorship,LBE

Startail Mon 08-Apr-13 22:43:45

All life is on MN and all sorts of people, that's why I love it and why it makes me laugh, cry and want to swear.

I'm a very liberal Conservative and I don't hate Mrs Thatcher, I'm old enough, just to remember the fuck up that lead to her rise to power.

In her last term of office, she probably went too far, that is the nature of British politics. We don't have PR so we achieve balance by swinging too far to the right and too far to the left and back again. It's very messy, but it kind of works, rather like MN. The YANBU and the YABUs cancel out, but some posters get hurt along the way.

The miners blame Mrs Thatcher for loosing their jobs when quite possibly the world economic climate would have made the mines uneconomic anyway.

A right to buy council house was our way on to the housing ladder, being able to sell it an old man's pension.

Nothing is ever totally black and white. Even though Gove is a cunt, I still prefer linear exams.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 08-Apr-13 22:48:03

smile usual.
I never thought I would risk deletion for giving my opinions on a political leader.
I've had to tread very careful in what I've said tonight, which weirdly would have been just accepted as political debate yesterday.

AnyFucker Germany Mon 08-Apr-13 22:51:02

OP, have you noticed that debate is free here ?

Many of those comments you object to are not going unchallenged

Go and counter them at source...it's what MN is all about

Viviennemary Mon 08-Apr-13 22:55:33

I hardly think journalists should be polishing their halos. They are quite often nasty. Far nastier than anybody on MN. Or maybe they're all just lovely people who just write horrible things. [sceptical]

DontSHOUTTTTTT Mon 08-Apr-13 22:56:43

I didn't post on the threads about posters being happy that MT is dead as I didn't want to risk keeping them in 'most active'. I thought the posts were vile. sad

I wasn't a fan of MT's policies but that is beside the point.

Death comes to us all. it is only life that we can affect our surroundings. Lady T affected many, many people. To have had such a huge impact on an entire society means that you will necessarily be judged by your actions, positive or negative. Death does not erase that.

peedoffbird Mon 08-Apr-13 23:10:51

I just haven't read the Thatcher ones. She was a human being after all and celebrating the death of someone's mother auntie etc is not right.

Mumsnet can be awful but also wonderful. Think blanket making and support for those going through terrible traumas who have noone in RL to turn to. I wish Amanda Holden had looked a bit further and she would have discovered the flip side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now