Snarky thread: Some common MN phrases helpfully translated

(158 Posts)
K8Middleton Thu 04-Apr-13 16:56:18

I haven't read the whole thread I am so important I don't care if this has been said fifty times already, it's not been said until I've said it.

AIBU? give me some sympathy and agree with me

I don't mean any offence but... I am a twat

I'm not being rude but... I am a twat

There must be more. Snark away...

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Thu 04-Apr-13 17:28:27

<marks place for deletion message> = I know that this is a troll, but I just can't leave well alone

<marks place> = I don't know how to 'watch' a thread

MiaCulper Thu 04-Apr-13 17:29:24

Have you name-changed for this?

If yes, I'm going to try to work out your usual posting name and out you, despite your attempt at anonymity.

If no, see Interesting first post.

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Thu 04-Apr-13 17:29:39

I have read the first four pages = I can't be arsed to read the whole thread but I don't want you all to tell me off for not reading the thread.

TheLightPassenger Thu 04-Apr-13 18:38:23

That lack of paragraphs in your post makes it unreadable = I don't care how deeply distressed you are, I never miss an opportunity to be the grammar police on here.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Thu 04-Apr-13 19:12:53

Yawn = I'm a twat
'we' have done this before = I'm a twat
it's you're not your = I'm a twat
End of (intent - to end the discussion, Since they have spoken, the Last Word has been had) = I'm a twat

grin

K8Middleton Thu 04-Apr-13 19:46:59

Lolol. I am definitely going to read something on here and just see I'm a twat now.

Except when I read something pedantic about grammar that ignores the actual post as per Passenger's excellent example. Then I will read I'm a self important twat grin

cestlesautres Thu 04-Apr-13 19:51:43
ImTooHecsyForYourParty Thu 04-Apr-13 19:55:23

Is that a subtle 'We've done this before' Cestle? grin

cestlesautres Thu 04-Apr-13 19:56:37

Certainly not. I'm morally opposed to cliches and all who sail in them. Any campaign against them deserves my fervent backing, and I instruct you all to follow suit.

Pagwatch Thu 04-Apr-13 20:01:16

awaits flaming or i'm going to get flamed for this
=
I am going to spout utter, utter bilge and, to offset your calling me on it, I am going to try and pretend I am a brave voice speaking truth to those who will not listen.

K8Middleton Thu 04-Apr-13 20:32:06

Arse. I thought I was terribly original and cestle pops my fun bubble sad

I thought I was terribly original = I could be arsed to do even a basic search because I'm here all the bloody time.

K8Middleton Thu 04-Apr-13 20:33:04

Couldn't be arsed.

Fucksticks.

Tee2072 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:44:46

Is that all you have to worry about - I'm a twat

grin

K8Middleton Thu 04-Apr-13 20:50:19

YES Tee!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 04-Apr-13 20:52:47

grin = I'm a twat
wink = and so am I.

Tee2072 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:16:12

Also:

This is a first world problem - I'm a twat.

Really, everything - I'm a twat.

grin

eastereggnog Thu 04-Apr-13 21:22:28

But then I'm lazy I am trying to undermine people who don't make the same parenting choices that I do.

Lottashakingoinon Thu 04-Apr-13 21:23:44

Hello my name is Lotta = I'm a twat!

TiredyCustards Thu 04-Apr-13 21:25:23

paid into the pot = I'm a twat

Get a grip = you are utterly, utterly wrong, scarily wrong, Margaret Thatcher scale wrong but if I say what I really think of your particular brand of wrong a) I'll be here all day and b) I'll get banned so I'm hoping get a grip will work the miracle you so plainly need.

Lottashakingoinon Thu 04-Apr-13 21:26:53

Seriously Custards what does paid into the pot mean I really am a twat

HTH - 'YABU. And a twat'

lougle Thu 04-Apr-13 21:28:47

Dons hardhat = oooh this is going to kick off, I'm a right hard one, me.

Passes popcorn = I want to mark my place, but I know that K8Middleton has told everyone that 'marks place' = twat. If I pretend I have some popcorn, then I can mark my place by pretending I'm going to share.

I'm a namechanger, pombears, mitmoo, blah blah - I've been around for a while and I'm keen that you should know it because what I'm about to tell you is simply unbelievable.

lougle Thu 04-Apr-13 21:31:52

"You can't disagree with a regular without all their clique piling in to have a go"

<suitable pause>

If people disagree, point proven.

If people agree, point proven.

Who's Cod' I KNOW who Cod is but it's always good for a ruck to ask......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now