Could there be an index to Classics

(5 Posts)
Caitycat Wed 03-Apr-13 21:04:10

Now I have been a member for a while and have even been brave enough to post a few threads and responses ;) I have started to get to know some of the themes, pom bears, goats you know the ones I mean. I was thinking (at about 2am while bfing dd) that it would be great if there was an index sticky at the top of classics where people could post links that would take you directly to 'that' thread where the goat or whatever happened. Obviously it's rarely in the title so you would only find it by chance otherwise and I'd love to find out a bit more Mumsnet lore!

Or is there already some way to do this that I don't know about?

Caitycat Thu 04-Apr-13 09:23:11

Ok perhaps this is a rubbish idea after all, or is it just too boring to comment on?

Maryz Thu 04-Apr-13 15:18:01

It is sensible, apart from the fact that the titles seem to generally have no relevance to the threads. Some posters are really good at advance searching (or have spreadsheets) and seem to be able to find "cube of poo" or "supersoaker" at the touch of a button. I never can.

Maybe we need just a stickied thread at the top of Classics where those who know could post links?

Caitycat Thu 04-Apr-13 18:12:35

Yes that's exactly what I was trying (not very coherently) to suggest. I've tried searches but find I end up with hundreds of threads where people are quoting the idea rather than the original!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Apr-13 19:58:56

Hi Caity

Thanks for the suggestion - we'll add it to our enormous list of things to consider, but to be honest it might be a while until we get around to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now