A new topic for people who don't like mumsnet, any of the posters on it, any of the topics, the way it is run and pretty much everything else in the entire world since the dawn of time

(133 Posts)
Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Wed 03-Apr-13 13:03:14

What do you think?

There is a "Flouncers' Corner"; shouldn't we have a "I hate it here but refuse to flounce and only want to complain about everything Corner" as well.

All threads moaning about mumnset could be put into the right topic, and then people who enjoy chatting here wouldn't derail them or not take them seriously and upset the already upset op's.

RedLentil Thu 04-Apr-13 00:02:33

Exactly, and it could be a cross between a siding-sniding and a shining-sniding.

OliviaMumsnet could arrive into an offending thread with a jolly 'Here's Olivia!! like so

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 04-Apr-13 06:51:46

The Snidebar (of Shame)?

Tortoiseontheeggshell Thu 04-Apr-13 07:04:11

lisad, no, there actually are only eight threads.

There's the one about Philpott/whatever the Monster Of The Day is, the one about breastfeeding, the one about AIBU to do all the housework and childcare forever and ever for no apparent reason oh but he's a lovely man really, the silly one started about soft furnishings that completely inexplicably turned into a bunfight, the Site Stuff one started to ask for clarification on why that one turned into a bunfight, the one started to complain that none of the above threads were appropriate because they were too sweary/not sweary enough/contained or did not contain discriminatory language, and also nobody has a sense of humour anymore but they should all stop poking fun at a very serious topic, the one about how it was better in the old days, and the one started as a safe space to talk about shite and escape from all of the above.

MavisGrind Thu 04-Apr-13 08:15:04

Exactly Tortoise. There are something like only 7 original story lines IIRC and in the same way there are only 8 sorts of thread.

navada Thu 04-Apr-13 08:33:08

It would probably be one of the most read sections on Mumsnet - let's be honest, if I posted a thread saying ' I hate Mumsnet & everyone on it' it would get 200 hits within minutes, as opposed to me asking, 'does anyone have a quick & easy recipe for minestrone soup' - which would be largely ignored. That's just how people are, they like a bit of drama & gossip.

Plus, I hate my dh sometimes, but I'd never leave him. < side issue, but just needed to get that off my chest >

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Thu 04-Apr-13 15:18:09

Yes, I agree with the 8 cyclical threads as outlined by Tortoise.

I think I shall stay on the "arse around and talk shite" thread.

navada, your last sentence is the reason I think aibu should be split to include a section called "I want a moan" grin

LaQueen Fri 05-Apr-13 19:52:11

Oooh, could I have my very own sub-forum, within ShiteStuff where all my Haterz, can froth and foam about me to their heart's content - you know, like a support group for each other?

Ideally, I'd like my forum's colours to be Dog's Breath and Soured Grape.

LaQueen Fri 05-Apr-13 19:56:30

[getting excited by idea now...]

We could actually take it in turns to be Haterzed. We would take turns to be Mumsnet Most Hated.

Me first (naturally) followed by Hully and then Mary and the Worra ...and our Haterz could win little gold stars to put on their official badges, bit like they do in MacDonalds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now