A new topic for people who don't like mumsnet, any of the posters on it, any of the topics, the way it is run and pretty much everything else in the entire world since the dawn of time

(133 Posts)
Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:03:14

What do you think?

There is a "Flouncers' Corner"; shouldn't we have a "I hate it here but refuse to flounce and only want to complain about everything Corner" as well.

All threads moaning about mumnset could be put into the right topic, and then people who enjoy chatting here wouldn't derail them or not take them seriously and upset the already upset op's.

Fiderer Wed 03-Apr-13 15:51:15

Many many good ideas here. Problem is, none of us has The Power to do anything and MNHQ are evidently feeling battered by it all. That or they're just pissed off and ignoring us.

We could elect Maryz as Chief Sorter-Outer and send her to the Towers with a white flag and a List of Requests.

<prepares posters, slogans and a trestle table for vote-counting>

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 15:55:38

It is a real puzzle GetOeuf.

Maybe someone has tied their hands to the keyboard and stuck their computers on Mumsnet? Maybe they are in some way being forced to post here? I don't know.

I have lots of websites I don't like. Zillions of them. I don't post on them.

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 15:56:30

They might just shut up shop if you did that Fids grin.

You would have to send Trills to sort out the topics too.

Absy Wed 03-Apr-13 16:14:25

I don't get it either.
1. As far as I'm aware, MNHQ does not have a special division of people, armed to the teeth, going around peoples' houses and holding a gun to their head making them post on MN, or on certain topics, or read certain threads. I am happy to be corrected on this, but I imagine they don't - such a special division would really drain the budget, leaving less for gin and biscuits.
2. You can hide threads and topics, or just ignore them, or walk away from the computer. There's plenty of areas/topics/posters I just know are going to cause palpitations so I ignore them, unless I'm feeling particuarly pissed off with myself and want to get angry.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Apr-13 16:15:34

Would we be allowed to post in Shite Stuff though or would that be against the roooles?

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 16:19:21

No, you could post there to complain about all of us, Rebecca. Especially if we are moaning. That would be great.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Apr-13 16:21:27

Weeelllll, where do I start? <dusts off spreadsheet>
wink

Fiderer Wed 03-Apr-13 16:24:17

Surprised you spreadsheet's got dusty tbh. Thought it's in permanent use wink

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Apr-13 16:26:07

Oh it is, I just thought i'd start at the bottom and work my way through - the bottom ones have been sat there for three years.
grin grin

NoelHeadbands Wed 03-Apr-13 16:27:48

Good idea. But in the interests of fairness, all the moany "eeeh it's not what it used to be/ used to be able to have a laff/ gone to the dogs" posts need to also go in, as they're getting to be dull as fuck as well.

thornrose Wed 03-Apr-13 16:27:52

Ooh an outpouring of Shite Stuff, come on, let it all out, we're listening grin

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 16:30:29

Fair enough Noel.

All moany threads, from everyone, including Rebecca grin

Tee2072 Wed 03-Apr-13 16:32:57

Shite Stuff is the most brilliant idea ever.

Of course HQ can post on it!

I think there should also be a PA sanction free area. A place to call a bellend a bellend, if you will. We can call it...um...let's see...something clever about being PA...um...

::slinks off with no name coming to her::

MrsVamos Wed 03-Apr-13 16:37:12

<settles with wine and other alcoholic beverages to listen to Rebecca's gripes>

<<and nibbles>>

<<<gestures - help yourselves>>>

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 16:38:27

What I wouldn't give for just a brief glimpse of Rebecca's spreadshit [sigh]

thornrose Wed 03-Apr-13 16:42:51

Do you mean spreadshite ?

Fiderer Wed 03-Apr-13 16:44:17

Tee's PA sanction free area? "Fuck off" would be a good working title.

MrsVamos Wed 03-Apr-13 16:46:38

grin Maryz.

I need cheering up. Got a horrible cold and feel like shite. Other shite going on too.

Shite Section would be very handy right now.

Although I would probably get into trouble for de-railing and going off tangent, as I frequently do.

Hullygully Wed 03-Apr-13 16:48:20

PLEASE can we have shite stuff?

And can we have we love MN stuff (for the ten of us that do)?

Maat Wed 03-Apr-13 16:51:07

Another vote for Shite Stuff.

With an annual membership fee of two shiney shites.

Let it be so.

Oh count me in.

I love shovelling a bit of shite.

Eleven Hully. I love it here as well.

Fenton Wed 03-Apr-13 17:00:49

Twelve.

LineRunner Wed 03-Apr-13 17:02:33

Unlucky 13. That'll be me then.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Apr-13 17:40:56

Problem is, I luff you all <throws flowers, skips through meadows>

thanks thanks thanks

<looks over shoulder to see if the boss noticed>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now