A new topic for people who don't like mumsnet, any of the posters on it, any of the topics, the way it is run and pretty much everything else in the entire world since the dawn of time

(133 Posts)
Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:03:14

What do you think?

There is a "Flouncers' Corner"; shouldn't we have a "I hate it here but refuse to flounce and only want to complain about everything Corner" as well.

All threads moaning about mumnset could be put into the right topic, and then people who enjoy chatting here wouldn't derail them or not take them seriously and upset the already upset op's.

SirChenjin Wed 03-Apr-13 14:11:32

I do confess to just hiding threads that I'm bored with - post, wind up some of the sillier posters, hide thread, move on. 'Tis most satisfying, esp. as I know they will be sitting at their keyboards willing me to rise to their latest ramblings. Which I don't, cos I've gone!

Repeat - post, wind up, hide thread, move on.

IamtheZombie Wed 03-Apr-13 14:23:47

Ah, the lather, rinse, repeat mode. Zombie understands, SirChenjin.

SirChenjin Wed 03-Apr-13 14:26:01

Oh yes, works every time Zombie

MrsGeologist Wed 03-Apr-13 14:29:47

I think there hours be a "bit of a bellend" topic. If enough people report you as a bit if a bellend (or a lot of a bellend, I suppose) then your active convos only come up with thread in the "bit of a bellend" topic.
This will be hidden from nice posters active convos, so they have to go searching for it. Maybe if they think their blood pressure is on the low side, they can amble over to "bit of a bellend" and feel the rage send their BP sky high.
That way, everyone is happy.

MrsGeologist Wed 03-Apr-13 14:30:12

Hours? I meant should.

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 14:32:52

Excellent. bellend is a much nicer word than twat, which I have been sprinkling about rather too liberally recently blush

Yes.

All the 'MN isn't what it used to be, maybe I should just go' posts are really tedious.

But it seems like a normal cycle, at least once a year MN goes through some big identity crisis and existential angst, then everyone gets drunk and forgets about it and life goes on.

MrsGeologist Wed 03-Apr-13 14:46:52

I'm more irritated by newbies who swan in, loudly declaring, 'I've just joined and this place is shit! Change it all!'

Not a dig at newbies, most are great and it's nice to see new faces about, but coming on and then promptly saying how crap it is, is just a lesson is pointlessness.

magimedi Wed 03-Apr-13 14:50:57

But it seems like a normal cycle, at least once a year MN goes through some big identity crisis and existential angst, then everyone gets drunk and forgets about it and life goes on.

I've noticed this with other forums as well.

It's always at this time of year.

Cabin

Fever

K8Middleton Wed 03-Apr-13 14:56:41

Ahem. I think it was my idea. I suggest corralling all the posters who reported the spoons thread into one place.

I'm gutted I didn't think of Shite Stuff though angry

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 14:59:47

I will be gutted if they don't use Shite Stuff.

It's inspired

RustyBear Wed 03-Apr-13 15:03:04

Is it a coincidence that I clicked on this thread and Mumsnet promptly went offline...?

Absy Wed 03-Apr-13 15:11:01

I want a "down with this sort of thing" topic. It would be awesome.

You can just turn up and kvetch about everything that you don't agree with or don't like. For e.g., I don't like liver - it is gross to eat and wrong.

IamtheZombie Wed 03-Apr-13 15:15:51

Why don't some of you lot pop over to Zombie's Post Apocalyptic Mumsnet thread and post some amusing scenarios? You know, just to cheer us all up.

Do be funny, please

MrsVamos Wed 03-Apr-13 15:26:27

It's the holidays, isn't it, it always happens.

If it weren't for the tennis I would dread the summer. wink

I would be very supportive of a Shite Stuff section.

Maryz, my love, tis not like you to get so het up about such nonsense. Would wine or brew help ?

<also offers cuddles> ((((( )))))

thornrose Wed 03-Apr-13 15:27:08

Ha ha, I'm proud of Shite stuff!
Was "down with this sort of thing" Father Ted?

Pagwatch Wed 03-Apr-13 15:32:22

Yy thornrose. Father Ted.
Love father ted... Very small...far away...

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 15:34:02

I like Father Ted too. Especially after a few drinks, it takes on a whole new level of hilarity.

thornrose Wed 03-Apr-13 15:36:23

A bit like MN Maryz grin

BertieBotts Wed 03-Apr-13 15:37:46

Pretty sure there's a MumsNOT section isn't there? Can't all the complaining threads just get moved there? grin

PickledInAPearTree Wed 03-Apr-13 15:44:34

Thank heavens I've found this safe haven.

I hate mumsnet. I hate the look of it, the smell of it. The way it sits on my phone. The colours. All the threads. Everything.

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 15:45:29

<soothes Pickled>

You can be first in the Shite Stuff Section.

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 15:47:25

Can we also put all the threads specifically attacking particular posters in a "Very Shitty Shite Stuff" Topic.

[sigh]

GetOeuf Wed 03-Apr-13 15:49:07

I don't know why people would complain.

I would be like me going to netmums and saying it is all a bit pink and playschool and the text speak is annoying. I do like the look of the place so I keep away. I don't try to go on there and revolutionise the place, I don't consider I am he Che Guevara of parenting forums.

If you don't like it here and take a visceral dislike to most of be posters, what is e point of being here? Isn't that something a sad bunch of bastards would do?

GetOeuf Wed 03-Apr-13 15:49:44

DON'T like the look of the place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now