OK MN I'm calling you on this one

(478 Posts)
EuniceDumbsdown Mon 01-Apr-13 16:54:14

Regular troll name changer starts nasty thread on Style & Beauty. You get masses of reports - even one from me! But you are leaving it because

"the OP is a long time Mumsnetter, who from time to time writes mischievous thread like this one.

She's a good egg though, and we know she doesn't mean any harm. With this in mind, we're going to leave the thread as it is"

So she deliberately starts a goading thread about fat people (again) but that's okay because she's deemed harmless not hurtful.

And I'm not fat so not taking it personally just asking for MNHQ to be consistent.

TheRealFellatio Wed 03-Apr-13 13:30:12

Oh chickens is it not BG then? sad Won't someone tell me please? I feel like Margot when Jerry and Tom and Barbara all get the joke and she doesn't.

lougle Wed 03-Apr-13 12:55:34

Maryz, don't worry. I think my story is an for Durex, waiting to happen wink

WHO IS LARRY?!?! <cries>

HoneyDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 11:12:05

That should say
I got accidentally maced in Tesco. Sorry

HoneyDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 10:49:38

I got maced in Tesco.

MmeLindor Wed 03-Apr-13 09:47:47

I read this recently, and it has been going through my mind this morning.

'If you meet an arse in the morning, you met an arse.

If you meet arses all day long, then you are the arse'.

I am thinking of asking the Woolly Hugs team to cross stitch a sampler for me.

TheRealFellatio Wed 03-Apr-13 09:25:33

I know what you mean Floaty. It's scary to think we venture out into every day life surrounded by people just millimetres/nanoseconds away from a violent, and entirely justified hmm public meltdown.

It's like this every day in the less salubrious parts of That London now, apparently. Going to Asda requires a stab vest and some pepper spray.

When did it all become so threatening and potentially physical? confused

TheLightPassenger Wed 03-Apr-13 08:42:51

Pag et Mme, cant bear to do more than skim the supermarket thread but seems v odd that people can misconstrue genuine kindness can only assume bank holiday and choc overload has deranged people.

FloatyBeatie Wed 03-Apr-13 08:12:23

not

FloatyBeatie Wed 03-Apr-13 08:11:39

It is a VERY odd thread. The number of people there who don't think that threatening to knock someone out is not either very very bad or a sign of levels of stress that need compassionate investigation and respite makes me feel like borrowing my son's cycling helmet to wear around Tesco.

ginslinger Wed 03-Apr-13 05:43:55

The bloody cat woke me up and i couldn't get back to sleep so i read that supermarket thread. If it wasn 't so fucking serious it would be hilarious. Has someone put something in the water? I'm baffled

TheRealFellatio Wed 03-Apr-13 03:25:46

OK, just read the supermarket thread. I think I know who Larry's wife is. Didn't she used to call herself MrsBG and it turned out she really was 'Larry's' missus? But is Larry actually MrsBG's husband in RL and the real BG ?

Are you following me or not? grin

That thread was proper bonkers btw.

TheRealFellatio Wed 03-Apr-13 02:53:56

Oh Blimey. I can NEVER EVER go on holiday again. First I didn't understand the sunset boulevard reference and now I have no idea who Larry and his wife are.

sad I guess I could spend the day in my hotel room backtracking through threads until I find the answer, to that and so much more....why Paggy is wicked for daring to be on holiday on World Autism Day, and whether LaQ should be guillotined and have her head displayed on the end of a sharp stick for saying that dull, easily offended women wore beige and drove Citroen Picassos, and to try to make sense of all the many other types of crapola going down on here atm, but my husband might disapprove.

Someone throw me a lifeline on the Larry thing at least, please. confused

I am clutching Getorf and Paggy to my vast boozoom right now ((((Pag/Getorf)))) right now in an attempt to cheer them up and smother them both with love. And Zombie and anyone else feeling down as well. It's a big chest, hop on. there is room for all.

I think we should all fuck off back to Pag's Caiparinaaaaaaaah Bar and just stay there for the rest of the week on a lock-in. It's safe and cosy in there, and they probably have nice bar snacks as well. I am beginning to understanding (irrespective of the rights and wrongs of it all) how Moldies started now.

FloatyBeatie excellent post at 19.48 btw - that is exactly how I feel right now, and have for months to be honest, but every week that goes by I'm feeling less like I need this place in my life. If I could just scoop up about a six or eight people from here and have them in my RL I would cease to need it at all. smile

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 00:25:24

I am really sorry, lougle, but I'm laughing slightly hysterically at that story.

And remembering when mine were little.

It should be illegal to have more than two children per couple (or one child per single parent). Otherwise they outnumber you shock and when you are outnumbered It's Not Fair [gavel]. They always win in the end.

montmartre Tue 02-Apr-13 23:56:22

May I just say- Hully's spoon thread wasn't real? [shocked]

I saw it at about 5 posts, but didn't post, as I felt I had nothing to contribute [artless shrug]
I assume it went pear-shaped from there? confused

lougle Tue 02-Apr-13 23:55:59

Sorry you have the lurgy, Zombie.

lougle Tue 02-Apr-13 23:55:32

The dog poo was dealt with swiftly, AF. It stank.

AnyFucker Tue 02-Apr-13 23:54:17

The Lurgy is bloody awful. DH has come down with it today. I've done my penance.

AnyFucker Tue 02-Apr-13 23:53:28

Is the dog poo still there ? I have to know this.

IamtheZombie Tue 02-Apr-13 23:51:28

Zombie had almost forgotten what the lurgy is like. It's almost been as though the cancer scared everything else off. She's not had so much as a sniffle in over 18 months. Prior to that she shuffled lurched from one cold to the next for years and years.

<< staunchly denies that being a heavy smoker has anything to do with her previous horrid cold history >>

lougle Tue 02-Apr-13 23:48:41

I can cheer you all up with my tale of woe.

Last night, we were putting our girls to bed. DD3 is almost 4 and is a bit tricksy right now. DD1 is 7 with SN. DD2 is 5 and....well she's a bit quirky. DD3 decided that it would be awesomely helpful to imitate DD2. Everything she did or said, she copied. DD2 became hysterical, begging us, literally, to move her out of the room they share because 'even if I say nothing at all, she copies me when I turn over to stop seeing her.'

This wakes DD1 up. DD3 starts tantrumming that 'no-one likes her now'. So, we have 3 girls, all screaming for different reasons.

Suddenly, there is a commotion from our bedroom. A shelf in a bookcase collapsed. The noise startled our puppy so badly that he leapt across the room, knocking my bedside table away from the bed and did a poo on the floor.

We didn't know that, of course, so DH darted up the stairs to see which of our children had been trapped under the avalanche. It became clear that we were not going to win the battle of the girls, so we ended up bringing them downstairs and putting Matilda on.

Never a dull moment.

AnyFucker Tue 02-Apr-13 23:45:01

Oh heck, Zombie, I hope the Lurgy isn't too bad for you

Lots of it about sad

IamtheZombie Tue 02-Apr-13 23:43:43

Zombie is off.

But only for tonight.

She appears to be coming down with the dreaded lurgy and is currently drinking a strong hot toddy. She may have one more of those and then she's going to take to her bed.

She may be some time.

AnyFucker Tue 02-Apr-13 23:41:32

Thank you for that information. I can retire to my bed now.

K8Middleton Tue 02-Apr-13 23:38:08

One day when I get v v drunk at a meet up I'll spill my guts grin

Yes AF. Not tall. Although she was sitting down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now