Threads dying at 1000 posts?? Why?

(108 Posts)
magimedi Argentina Sat 30-Mar-13 22:49:29

It just seems so fucking arbitary.

Why can't threads just run to their natural conclusion instead of being beheaded at a certain number?

I can't fathom the reason for this & would be delighted if someone could explain.

Oh yes, all stores open. Just back from doing a shop. DC are cleaning the floors downstairs.
Bed sheets have been stripped without nagging though, hmmmmmmmm shock

Tee2072 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:04:43

I bow down to Katie's superior skills in dealing with large groups of hormones!

NetworkGuy Sun 31-Mar-13 17:02:00

(On further thought, I did see a petrol station open, and a "all hours" corner shop, when I was out for a 3 hour wander to learn a few more streets in the area I've moved to, oh yes, and a funfair smile )

NetworkGuy Sun 31-Mar-13 17:00:23

So, Katie, are your stores actually open today, given on Easter Sunday just about anything (apart from bingo and pubs) are closed in England + Wales...

Pan Sun 31-Mar-13 13:43:19

and the careful. <previewed>

Trills Sun 31-Mar-13 13:13:46

Previewing is for wimps

Both Rusty. We are blessed to have 2 Asda stores, one Tesco megastore, M&S and about six billion co- op stores within crawling distance.
No waitrose or sainsbos though. And have yet to see an Ocado grin

RustyBear Sun 31-Mar-13 12:55:40

Katie - was that deliberate cruelty or do you (a) have a very small Asda or (b) live in Scotland?

No, I didn't either. Just shoved them into the machine and set it to malky wink

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 31-Mar-13 12:40:47

I won't ask what they were doing with the towels.

I may or may not have sent some of them to Asda to get me foodstuffs smile

magimedi Argentina Sun 31-Mar-13 12:28:20

grin - Hope they are now cooking lunch.

Downstairs is spotless grin
Every towel in the house is going to need a boil wash though wink

magimedi Argentina Sun 31-Mar-13 11:29:49

40 teenagers!!!!! You are either a saint or mad. But pleased to hear they are clearing up.

The first time we went away & left DS (age17) for the weekend I came home & walked in and said: "You've had a party". DS was most puzzled as to how I knew - it was because the house was cleaner than when I'd left it!! He'd only had about a dozen round & they spent hours cleaning up - bless.

I downloaded a meditation podcast at 4 and slept for a few hours grin
Everyone is alive and about to start tackling the mess. DS got up and is playing football ( the restorative powers of the young)
I am hiding until they have finished cleaning grin

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 31-Mar-13 09:45:50

They are 16. The cold is/was the least of their problems, and one that I'm sure they could overcome.

Did you get any sleep at all?

Where there's a willy there's a way grin
Though I can't help but think what the cold does in shrinkage to da Menz, so, on reflection I think not grin

Surely it's too cold to manage successful outdoor sexing?

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 31-Mar-13 00:29:05

Losing the hour is great.

We used to do cub camp overnighters on the days we lost an hour. So when they got up at silly o'clock (about 5.30) it was actually 6.30. And we used to haul the parents out of bed to collect them at 9 (originally 8). Every year one parent forgot, and turned up late [evil]

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:22:50

Well, Katie, I shall wish you good luck and good night.

I'm off to bed.

Night !

It's better now though, at least I can drown them out with headphones. That wasn't allowed when they were infants wink
And I've just discovered the sims have sound effects. Quite entertaining.

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:18:55

You should have got some of those rock dummy things.

I couldn't cope with that. And you're losing an hour tonight too.

Mind you, it's better than a puppy I suppose. At least you won't have to get up to let them out for a wee. (Hopefully).

Nah, I'll give them till 2 then do stern face, put the campers outdoors and silence the house dwellers.
Then I'll do it all over again, repeatedly till morning. Reminds me of when they were newborns smile

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:14:00

Maryz.

I was going to test run some of that 'bitch on heat' spray, and some of those dog nappies first.

grin

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:12:45

Wonderwall ? Wouldn't have thought that.

Maybe encourage some Queen or even Guns n Roses riffs ?

I'm sure I used to do it, but what is that teenage thing of playing certain songs on repeat ?

Then coming downstairs and telling me that my old albums, of which most of the new are 'mash ups' are crap ?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now