Threads dying at 1000 posts?? Why?

(108 Posts)
magimedi Sat 30-Mar-13 22:49:29

It just seems so fucking arbitary.

Why can't threads just run to their natural conclusion instead of being beheaded at a certain number?

I can't fathom the reason for this & would be delighted if someone could explain.

DC having an end of term party. Tents up in the garden and everything, lots of shrieking and screeching going on.

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:47:23

You'll find them all over the house in the morning.

Far too cold to be outside, especially when they have woken at 3/4/5 for a wee and sobered up a bit and it's COLD. grin

Maryz Sat 30-Mar-13 23:49:09

I highlight op's and me on Classic.

I simply do a Find and find my own name to get my last post.

My posts are pink. I assumed my posts were pink for everyone [baffled]. Please don't tell me they aren't. I assumed that I was vair important, and everyone saw my posts in a special colour.

And I never preview. Don't be silly. If I previewed I'd realise I had typed a load of shite and delete it.

Tried to tell them that we are in Scotland not Spain but since I can't get my two to put a coat on, I was outvoted. Oh, and some of them are Scouts, or something outdoorsy....

Maryz Sat 30-Mar-13 23:50:11

40 shock

Can I ask, are they boys and girls? Will you have 41 in the morning?

Boys and girls of all persuasions, Maryz. No sexing on the premises ( hollow laugh)

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:54:10

Maryz, my love, your posts are only pink for you.

That's why 'they' let us have special colours, so we don't stress too much about how many posts we can go to in a thread, or how fast threads load. wink

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:55:18

Katie, if I had a hat on, I'd take it off to you !

Have you handed out the condoms ?

Now they are singing " Don't look back in anger" tunelessly.
Must be romance time smile

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I've had mine speyed MrsV.

Pan Sat 30-Mar-13 23:57:09

well let's face it, it was originally sung tunelessly...

True, Liam Gallacher, what a shovel-faced cock he was smile

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:59:19

Katie. grin

Pan.

Don't be Oasis-ist. That was my theme of the 90's. Well, one of. I was a teenager then myself in my defence.

Should have had it as my wedding song, as I walked down the aisle. But that's another story...

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:00:48

Ahem.

Noel sang Don't Look Back in Anger. Liam sang Wonderwall.

Pan Sun 31-Mar-13 00:01:28

not Oasist at all. I used to live beside the bassist, Paul. The band used to 'practice' in his room. I heard ALL of it through the wall before the rest of the world did. Seriously.

Mrs V ( shakes head)
Are you Patsy Kensit? grin

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:02:33

No. <insluted>

I'm not that old ! grin

PMSL at "insluted"
Freudian wink

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:03:48

Ah. Point taken Pan. I just used to fuss over them when they descended on the pub/hotel I worked in in my yoof.

I can see why you may be slighly miffed.

Pan, can you confirm that " our kid" is in fact a shovel-faced cock?

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:05:00

Oops ! Not intentional, Katie.

No preview.

Maybe I should.

Pan Sun 31-Mar-13 00:05:37

nah it was fine. Lots and lots of The Doors songs. Liam and Noel were good boys. Fame hit them big.

Pan Sun 31-Mar-13 00:07:39

yes Katie, both of them are/were. Once they blocked the road with a battered old beemer, because it was the 'cool' thing to do. Big bloke at the end of our row didn't see it that way.grin

MrsVamos Sun 31-Mar-13 00:08:10

At least it wasn't Flat Eric or someone. That would drive you nuts, wouldn't it ?

Both of them were always very polite when I had dealing with them. Never rude, or cocky or anything.

Noel is also still a delight if you bump into him in Tescos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now