Threads dying at 1000 posts?? Why?

(108 Posts)
magimedi Sat 30-Mar-13 22:49:29

It just seems so fucking arbitary.

Why can't threads just run to their natural conclusion instead of being beheaded at a certain number?

I can't fathom the reason for this & would be delighted if someone could explain.

magimedi Sat 30-Mar-13 23:18:43

Mrs V - I'd get cross as I think you were somewhat rude further up the thread:

May I suggest if the other forum shows how inferior this one is, you stick with that one ? Mumsnet isn't for everyone. Each to their own.

Is the remark that I felt was somewhat impolite.

Maryz Sat 30-Mar-13 23:21:24

Oi, Chaos where have you been?

I had to start this week's Masterchef thread without you shock

I don't think MrsV meant to be rude Magi <soothes> - we get a lot of "on my site, they do X, Y or Z, so much better than Mumsnet" and we get all defensive (a bit like when people criticise our children, you know, we take it all very personally smile).

Pan Sat 30-Mar-13 23:23:56

oh yes On the SCD threads we shuffle like on air from one thread to the next. Watch and learn.

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:24:03

Yes, I knew you were cross with me.

I don't feel it was impolite.

I could have said, "well, if you don't like it, eff off" which is the more usual response you could expect here, but I didn't.

You don't turn up somewhere new then start slagging it off, do you ? That's impolite.

It's like going to see someone's new house or decor and then slating it. To coin another phrase from here, it's not cricket.

magimedi Sat 30-Mar-13 23:24:19

Don't regard sites like children.

Sites can be cock badgery & need kicking sometimes. Children don't. (need kicking but can be arse wipes at times).

I'm off - I am about to lose an hour of sleep. Can't cope with this clock-wittery.

magimedi Sat 30-Mar-13 23:24:50

PS Reminds self to look at Master chef thread in morning. I love MC.

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:25:11

Aww, bless you, Maryz. No need to defend me !

Sigh.

EmZed, I be behaviourmanaging woeful teens and tweens.

It's been ruining my eves.

Come live avec moi, purlease?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maryz Sat 30-Mar-13 23:30:41

No, you don't want me to live with you. I would have to bring my teens with me. And if you think yours are bad, you haven't met mine yet.

[grumpy]

I kind of like the fact that mn is a bit clunky techy-wise. It suits me because I am a technophobic gimmer (still on classic, no pages, no bookmarking or fancy gimmicks at all).

[grumpy old gimmer]

EduCated Sat 30-Mar-13 23:33:21

Nah, don't help that Chaos out. She's mean. She's slaughtering me on Words With Friends angry

Pan Sat 30-Mar-13 23:33:28

or not highlighting your posts in lovely pastel shades? It's a basic requirement.

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:33:41

You're like me, Maryz. Don't like change. grin

I do have the 100 posts per thread and bookmarking, but only because I find threads easier to read that way.

How do you manage without bookmarking where you are or where you have read to on a thread ? Or am I getting lazy as I head towards 40 ?

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:35:19

I also do the highlighting thing too. The OPs are blue, MNHQ's bright blue and mine are a lovely pale shade of pink-ish-ness.

[not an old gimmer just yet]

Pan Sat 30-Mar-13 23:37:55

I have lavender. It both highlights and balances the 'preview messages' and 'post messages' icons. Prissy, yes.

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:40:06

<snort>

I never preview. Hence why usually in a fast-moving thread there are tons of posts from me posting corrections.

I wish my fingers worked as quickly as my thoughts.

I have forty teenagers downstairs doing the Macarena
Kill me now.

EduCated Sat 30-Mar-13 23:40:50

Mine are lavender and OP's a mossy green. It's very organic

Pan Sat 30-Mar-13 23:41:27

oh join them. You fuddy duddy.

I went down earlier, they insisted on hugging me, drink has been taken and I have the fear.

MrsVamos Sat 30-Mar-13 23:44:12

I dare you to go down and put the Birdie Song on, or some Black Lace.

<shakes pineapple>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now