what's this PO stuff all about? I have just read some really vile stuff on here....

(1000 Posts)
Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 19:56:15

Women presumably who don't have a certain sense of humour, or don't agree with certain (long standing) posters being described as beige admin workers who nag their ugly husbands, who were friendless at school, wear cheap clothes, have no fun in their sad little joyless lives etc etc Literally paragraphs and paragraphs of nastiness.

This is some of the most vile and misogynistic stuff I have ever read on MN from other women. These kind of comments normally come from trolls and MRA invasions. Is this really what MN has become? Does everyone think that this sort of shit should stand? What happened to the fucking sisterhood?

I am astounded to be quite honest.

I bluddy luv yhooooo

WorraLiberty Sat 30-Mar-13 22:06:42

McBalls Sat 30-Mar-13 22:06:22

Just want to use this opportunity to declare my actual LOVE for cest.

Well Worra, I hate to tell you ..... grin

cestlesautres Sat 30-Mar-13 22:05:03

Yes, thanks for starting the thread, Porto. Genuinely grateful (even though I wasn't one of those who PM'd you to say so.)

Maryz Sat 30-Mar-13 22:04:52

I've never had the last post ....

WorraLiberty Sat 30-Mar-13 22:04:46

Katie grin

<< Hands Mary her set of rosary beads >>

Wait, they are rosary beads aren't they?

They do smell a bit strange...

FrankWippery Sat 30-Mar-13 22:04:33

wink

MissAnnersley Sat 30-Mar-13 22:04:29

Yes it has been an eye opener.

ah well. not my first,nor last fail. what did Yeats say? "Fail, fail again, fail better"

Yes Happy Easter everyone. Group hug. x

kumbaya? Anyone? Anyone? <<wink>>

FrankWippery Sat 30-Mar-13 22:03:17

Excellent thread all in all Porto. And especially lovely that there were no massive bunfights. wine Cheers everyone and hope you all have a lovely Easter.

ginhag Sat 30-Mar-13 22:02:55

(Fairly sure I'm a real human being)

cestlesautres Sat 30-Mar-13 22:02:30

I think the thread has shed a lot of light on a lot of people's thinking, which can only be helpful.

ginhag Sat 30-Mar-13 22:02:19

Yes Randall. EVERYONE can learn from that. Trufax.

Or a Hail Maryz
( sorry)

Maryz Sat 30-Mar-13 22:00:03

Fuck off Worra grin

Porto, I do agree with your last post. But I would also send the message (and it's one I have learned the hard way myself) that if you see things that are hurtful to you there is a hide button.

My life has improved immensely since I discovered it.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 30-Mar-13 21:57:46

I think everyone would do well to take that message away Porto.

Portofino Sat 30-Mar-13 21:52:58

Wel this thread will shortly expire. I never expected that it would run so long. There has been some really interesting discussion. I will go away from with the view that this might be the internet, but please remeber there are real human beings out there reading our wafflings. I think some posters forget that. That what you think is funny might be hurtful and upsetting to someone else.

WorraLiberty Sat 30-Mar-13 21:52:27

Maryz I've never seen you being nasty to anyone ever.

You're an all round good egg and I bet you don't even say shit, fuck or bollocks without making the sign on the cross afterwards grin

Catmint Sat 30-Mar-13 21:39:52

I can't wait to see this thread in the Mnhq ' mumsnet talk' email.

It has been like the entire site in microcosm.

Xx

nenevomito Sat 30-Mar-13 21:35:21

Yep - he's fine now, but he's at an age where his peers ask him about his scars and he asks why he has one, but others don't. The good thing is that he can't remember any of it. DH and I are another matter.

rubyrubyruby Sat 30-Mar-13 21:33:52

Great thanks smile

I'll have an early night then.

lemonmuffin Sat 30-Mar-13 21:32:21

Gosh, sorry to hear that babyheave.

That must have been a rough time for you. Hope ds is better now.

This thread is not accepting new messages.