what's this PO stuff all about? I have just read some really vile stuff on here....

(1000 Posts)
Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 19:56:15

Women presumably who don't have a certain sense of humour, or don't agree with certain (long standing) posters being described as beige admin workers who nag their ugly husbands, who were friendless at school, wear cheap clothes, have no fun in their sad little joyless lives etc etc Literally paragraphs and paragraphs of nastiness.

This is some of the most vile and misogynistic stuff I have ever read on MN from other women. These kind of comments normally come from trolls and MRA invasions. Is this really what MN has become? Does everyone think that this sort of shit should stand? What happened to the fucking sisterhood?

I am astounded to be quite honest.

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 29-Mar-13 20:18:35

That's horrible. Who wrote it? Hully? Or someone else on her thread?

Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 20:18:44

I have the courage of my convictions to say what I think. I don't need any back up or quiches or supporters thanks very much. You can agree or not agree. I personally do not think it is in the spirit Of MN to slag off people en masse in the way it was done on that thread. I would honestly like to know how other people feel about that.

What is the point if you continue being so fucking cryptic? I'm PB too.

CatelynStark Fri 29-Mar-13 20:20:00

That c&ped bit reads like something an educated member of AARSE might write.

EchoBitch Fri 29-Mar-13 20:20:07

Did you think it was ok then Tee?

Obviously no one reported it or i bet it would have been deleted.

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 29-Mar-13 20:20:37

I don't think it's cryptic is it? It's the jokes, trolls, spoof thread. Someone has already said, no?

nenevomito Fri 29-Mar-13 20:20:48

I'd not read those comments.

Wow. Just wow.

TrampyPanterNoster Fri 29-Mar-13 20:20:57

We can't post names, link etc because thats a sure-fire way to get a bollocking. the thread is in site stuff though and is the spoofs and trolls one.

<sits by Sauvignon on the baffled bench>

^ I would honestly like to know how other people feel about that^

Well give us a clue what 'that' is!

MyOtherNameIsFunnier Fri 29-Mar-13 20:21:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

cestlesautres Fri 29-Mar-13 20:22:01

It was slagging people off en masse and very individually and identifiably as well.

Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 20:22:09

Tee, so are you saying that I have "rallied the troops" or some such? I was disgusted - is it that unbelievable that at least someone agrees with me? This thread could have died a death, or I could have got my arse flamed. I took that risk.

MiaCulper Fri 29-Mar-13 20:23:02

Pile of shit? I thought it was a fairly amusing caricature of a certain type of poster, although the style is a bit Creative Writing evening class.

To me, this is the poster who comes onto threads, which are meant to be light-hearted, to say, "Oh, don't you sound lovely. hmm"

We might need a bigger bench Sparkling, <<passes wine>>

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Oh cripes

I don't know what to say #first time for everything

McBalls Fri 29-Mar-13 20:25:05

Do you know what, I'm not interested anymore.

Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 20:26:25

"That" being slagging off other MNetters en masse.

MrsWolowitz Fri 29-Mar-13 20:26:40

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 29-Mar-13 20:27:13

That is a horrid, horrid post.

cestlesautres Fri 29-Mar-13 20:27:36

TrampyPanterNoster Fri 29-Mar-13 20:28:30

Me neither Sauvignon, let's get more wine.

This thread is not accepting new messages.