what's this PO stuff all about? I have just read some really vile stuff on here....

(1000 Posts)
Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 19:56:15

Women presumably who don't have a certain sense of humour, or don't agree with certain (long standing) posters being described as beige admin workers who nag their ugly husbands, who were friendless at school, wear cheap clothes, have no fun in their sad little joyless lives etc etc Literally paragraphs and paragraphs of nastiness.

This is some of the most vile and misogynistic stuff I have ever read on MN from other women. These kind of comments normally come from trolls and MRA invasions. Is this really what MN has become? Does everyone think that this sort of shit should stand? What happened to the fucking sisterhood?

I am astounded to be quite honest.

PO??

MyOtherNameIsFunnier Fri 29-Mar-13 19:57:58

I saw that. I couldn't quite believe what I was reading tbh.

It was jaw droppingly offensive.

JakeBullet Fri 29-Mar-13 19:58:40

Not sure what PO means...please explain.

MrsWolowitz Fri 29-Mar-13 19:59:32

What have I missed?

TrampyPanterNoster Fri 29-Mar-13 20:00:01

yep, saw that too. fucking disgraceful.

Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 20:00:11

Professionally Offended I believe

cestlesautres Fri 29-Mar-13 20:00:24

Couldn't agree more. But I don't fancy being hunted down.

JakeBullet Fri 29-Mar-13 20:00:59

Linky?

I thought PO was professionally offended? Don't understand this thread?

ZZZenEggain Fri 29-Mar-13 20:01:04

no idea what you're referring to Porto, please elaborate

MyOtherNameIsFunnier Fri 29-Mar-13 20:01:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

EggsPressYourself Fri 29-Mar-13 20:02:04

Another PO ignoramus here. And link to the thread?

Sadly there are a lot of misogynistic women out there who are either to stupid to realise what they are saying, have been completely brainwashed into believing the misogynistic shite they spout, or think it gives them some sort of status to have a misogynistic PoV.

ZZZenEggain Fri 29-Mar-13 20:02:17

who has been called a beige admin worker who nags her dh and all the rest of it?

cestlesautres Fri 29-Mar-13 20:02:18

I don't think the thread should be deleted, though, because it's an object lesson.

ZZZenEggain Fri 29-Mar-13 20:03:09

oh ok , what was the topic of the funny thread?

cestlesautres Fri 29-Mar-13 20:03:41

Oh, I see you agree with me, Funnier. smile This kind of thing has been going on for ages, but less overtly.

EchoBitch Fri 29-Mar-13 20:03:48

po: from the French pot de chambre (chamber-pot), kept under the bed for night-soil.

wink

Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 20:03:50

It was a generalisation ZZZ. A really nasty one - that certain types of MNetters presumably conform to.

nenevomito Fri 29-Mar-13 20:03:54

When I first came to MN, I was accused of being professionally offended when I stood up for children with SN. I was proud of it!

Now it seems to have become a term to bash new people, which is a shame as there's some brilliant new posters out there. Its not very friendly or welcoming.

confused

ArteggsMonkey Fri 29-Mar-13 20:05:16

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

cestlesautres Fri 29-Mar-13 20:06:10

Portofino Fri 29-Mar-13 20:06:16

And to be clear - these posts were ABOUT MNetters, not the public at large, not that that makes it any better. Hardly in the fecking spirit, eh?

Tee2072 Fri 29-Mar-13 20:06:31

If you don't like it, report it. Starting another thread is certainly poor form.

Better yet, post on the thread your objections. Why go 'running to HQ' by posting in site stuff?

This thread is not accepting new messages.