Spoofs, Jokes and Trolls

(1000 Posts)
Hullygully Wed 27-Mar-13 16:47:00

Right.

I want a serious debate about this.

I started a joke thread, in my own name as usual, about a neighbour stealing a spoon.

It was questioned as "trolling" and I got told off by Rebecca at MNHQ.

Are spoofs and/or jokes no longer allowed?

Since when?

And why?

What do people think about spoofs, jokes and trolls and the difference theereof?

Tee2072 Thu 28-Mar-13 15:00:12

BTW tall and small boys home safely.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 28-Mar-13 15:01:41

Balls, soz about that then Tee, as you were!

I definitely argued with someone about it though and the point is that the fact that I thought they were a twat at that moment doesn't mean I think they are a twat every moment. I've also illustrated perfectly (if accidentally) just how easily grudge bearing could go wrong!

GetOeuf Thu 28-Mar-13 15:03:22

What library? The library down the road? God I had no idea that libraries had kindles.

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:09:45

A thousand apologies Mary how could I possibly have forgotten to inlcude you [throws arms around Mary's legs, buries face in her shins...sobbing]

Especially as you was specifically targeted, like, by my own, highly trained Personal Po Posse...

Tee2072 Thu 28-Mar-13 15:13:23

They have eBooks GO.

We did spat about something Randall just not that!

Trills I'd worry if you didn't give me shit about my beloved Kindle.

Maryz Thu 28-Mar-13 15:14:33

vanitas, there seem to be a lot of people on that aibu thread who don't like aibu much grin

My library apparently does ebooks for free. I must investigate. And I hope that their ebook catalogue is better than their real book one, as I appear to have read most of the books in my library (rural Irish libraries are shit, apart from the children's sections which are great).

AIBU will be very quiet soon. After pretty much every word and phrase has been outlawed

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:18:42

Oh, God...yes The Po love A Plan, and they will stick to The Plan, even if it means sucking the soul out of everyone else around them...

You know what The Po do...they go to a friend's BBQ, on a warm sunny afternoon...they refuse a drink 'Because they feel a bit tired' ...and then frown when their DH accepts a cold beer...at 6.00pm precisely The Po starts making noises about leaving because that is The Plan ...the DH tentatively suggests maybe staying a bit later, because it's nice, and sunny, and all their friends are there, and the kids are playing nicely... The Po glares and icily states the term of The Plan... The Po cites that her DH clearly knew the terms of The Plan before arriving at the BBQ, and he agreed to them...the DH acknowlegdes this, but suggests that maybe The Plan could be changed slightly... The Po's face sets like stone, and she proceeds to embarrass herself, her DH and all their friends by throwing a muted, hissy fit, and insisting that The Plan cannot be changed... The Po is tired... The Po wants to go home... The Po utterly fails to see why her DH could possibly want to sit in the sun, drink a beer, and enjoy a summer's evening with friends... The Po insists that her DH accompany her home...her DH is simply not allowed to stay and enjoy himself, because there is the danger he might have some fun... The Po and her DH return home, where they sit in angry silence, watching some crap on TV until 9.00pm, when The Po takes herself off to bed...

I am closely related by marriage to The Perfect Po ...by the way.

Maryz Thu 28-Mar-13 15:18:45

Good

<gavel>

Oh, no, that's outlawed too.

My ExH is the perfect Po LaQueen, perhaps we're related?

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:28:54

Lemon but why should we cool it down, just incase we might annoy/offend someone who might/might not possibly be reading/not reading this...?

Frankly, my dear I don't give a damn...

There are 1001 threads on MN that I don't bother with, because I don't understand them, don't like them, find them dull, find them annoyoing...so you know what I do...(waits with baited breath)...I sashay along until I find a thread I do like, and that I do enjoy...it really is that simple.

I don't waste my life, hauling myself onto a thread, strapping on my Humourless Boots and my beige polyester tabard, and insisting That everyone stop it, right now, because I don't like it.

I have a perfectly serious thread on the go in AIBU. it has not taken many posts for it to descend into feckless benefit scroungers. sigh. but there are also some lovely posters there. just a couple of loons.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 28-Mar-13 15:31:56

Ah, well soz for the spatting anyway! Clearly I have been multiple spatting blush

LaQ that is so The PO! A daytime event spilling over into the evening? Mind blown.

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:33:16

Freddie possibly? Did he insist on an agreement at the start of every month, stating precisely how many nights out, you could have (without them)...and, it was carved in stone/signed in blood...and if you'd had your stipulated amount, and a long-lost friend, arrived out of the blue from NZ you couldn't meet them for a drink...oh no, because you'd used up your quota of nights out hmm

LaQueen - you were allowed nights out shock

Nope, not the same one. Yours was obviously only an amateur grin

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:36:20

Randall yep, twas an afternoon BBQ, it said so on The Invite...so no feckin way could it possibly be allowed to gently merge into an evening event, just because everyone was having a good time, the evening was warm, and someone had done a quick run to Tescos to buy more beers...

The universe might implode, or somefink...

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:37:18

Fred not me, personally...but the hapless DH of The Perfect Po was allowed a certain number per year, and that was that. No exceptions, no excuses.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 28-Mar-13 15:40:23

Could be worse, they could have moved it from Sunday to Saturday because the weather was so lovely.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 28-Mar-13 15:41:48

Madame I've just found your thread. I'm about 2 minutes into it and seriously depressed. Please tell me it gets better, I don't think I have the will to see it to the end otherwise.

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:44:28

No, t'wouldn't happen Randall ...Sundays are Family Day, where they have to do things Only As A Family...where they stomp grimly around a NT property...or sit glaring balefully at the beach, through their rainswept car windscreen, as they eat their dull packed lunches, while the kids bicker and hit each other on the back-seat.

I saw the title of your thread madame.

That was enough. I guessed the rest. Looks like I guessed correctly.

Surely PO children don't bicker or hit do they?

Is that allowed?

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:49:16

Yes, it's allowed Tantrum but they do it in a heated, whispered, spiteful way, with a smiling mouth but gritted teeth...just like Mummy and Daddy do.

The Po could never muster up enough spirit, or passion to have a full ding dong verbal battle, complete with heaving buzzums and tossing hair...

Tee2072 Thu 28-Mar-13 15:49:57

You know what Randall? I think that was me. Vague memories are surfacing about driving and snow and...something...

:grinld with memory loss::

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 28-Mar-13 15:50:21

Oh god, that's every Sunday of my childhood.

This thread is not accepting new messages.