I hereby apply for the post of night time moderator

(107 Posts)
JakeBullet Tue 19-Mar-13 01:51:07

...to tackle the trolls which appear once the gin bottle(s) is/are empty and MNHQ have staggered off to bed.grin

I warn you though...I am not cheap ..but may accept wine in lieu of payment...and promise not to engage with said trolls by trying to help them see the error of their ways....honest.

TanteRose Tue 19-Mar-13 01:52:17

yes, several of us in furrin climes have offered too

Tech is overseas and can jump in when he feels like it

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Tue 19-Mar-13 01:53:19

I too could kick in a few hours. You can pay me in chocolate, daily.

JakeBullet Tue 19-Mar-13 01:53:21

I am not overseas....just insomniac [brin]

BNBN Tue 19-Mar-13 02:32:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

DaleingtonModelActorEgo Tue 19-Mar-13 02:34:32

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

McPheetStink Tue 19-Mar-13 02:36:04

Yes, we have been invaded by nutjobs shock

Is school out yet??

BNBN Tue 19-Mar-13 02:40:16

ripsishere Tue 19-Mar-13 03:22:13

I just don't think that these newer versions of trolls are schoolchildren.
Daleington. How do you know that those of us volunteering are lesbians?

alwayslateforwork Tue 19-Mar-13 03:46:09

It's a shame they are acting like schoolchildren though. You'd think that gainfully employed folk might grasp they have something to lose by acting like losers.

Like wives, and girlfriends, let alone jobs.

Tis a shame. I am in forrin too, and have spent most of the last month bored to tears of an evening dodging ridiculous spam and a few loons who clearly have something of a god complex (until they get bored). It's nowhere near 2.40am here - how quaintly UK-centric!

I'm sadly not a lesbian. I think it might be quite fun, though. I suspect it would get in the way of the husband and kids.

ripsishere Tue 19-Mar-13 03:58:02

Well, I am going out to try to hammer the message home that trees do not have hearts. There is something getting lost in my living versus dead topic ATM <despairs>

VestaCurry Tue 19-Mar-13 05:00:22

Oh good, they are are a pita

Dale fuck off. Posting on threads about children with cancer is really fucking low.

HotCrossCatPuss Tue 19-Mar-13 08:54:03

We NEED night moderators. This isn't fair to posters from overseas, and it is t fair on those people who need after hours help.

JakeBullet Tue 19-Mar-13 09:11:01

<coughs> Ahem <coughs>....I'll do it....for the right reward of course wink

I accept wine, chocolate and a regular mention in the weekly round up. grin

SecretNutellaFix Tue 19-Mar-13 09:36:16

I think you need to increase night staffing levels, HQ.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MapofTassie Tue 19-Mar-13 09:44:14

I'm in Oz, and according to DH I'm on here all the time grin, so if you are looking for night moderators count me in.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 19-Mar-13 10:09:42

Thanks it is something we're thinking about as it happens. We do have staff in different time zones (Tech in US) but he's a lazy bugger not always about, so we will certainly give it some thought seeing that this type of night-time invasion is becoming more common. It will most likely be a volunteer role and more than one but we could look into some kind of reward in gin/wine etc
Will come back to you with a plan/further thoughts.

DisAstrophe Tue 19-Mar-13 10:21:41

Justine grin at volunteer role! Very big society. Maybe you could apply to Iain Duncan Smith for one of those workfare people? wink

HotCrossCatPuss Tue 19-Mar-13 10:23:32

This has been going on for some time. Could you think a little faster?

I think they are probably all reeling with exhaustion from last night's shenanigans, HotCrossCatPuss.

BeaWheesht Tue 19-Mar-13 10:36:04

How Long does it take to think about something so simple ? People have been asking about this for ages.

Given that Mumsnet is a great source of support for a lot of people surely nighttime is quite important that it not be clogged up with trolls and spammers? Anyone would think this was just some kind of money making venture which doesn't care about its posters....

MmeLindor Tue 19-Mar-13 10:39:19

Is the fact that people have been asking about this for a while perhaps connected to the recent increase in nighttime invasions?

Poor Tech. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now