"deleted for breaking talk guidelines"

(6 Posts)
ChangezNom Thu 14-Mar-13 15:48:18

MNHQ, I'm a bit unhappy that this has appeared after I asked for a very sensitive thread of mine to be deleted. It makes me look like a troll. That's not the case. I was feeling desperate for a few moments, needed to chat, and gave more away about my past than I was comfortable with. How is that 'breaking guidelines'?

Unless, of course, that was your error, in which case I apologise for taking offense.

ChangezNom Thu 14-Mar-13 15:55:05

Well, I've got to go now, so won't get your response until taomorrow, but I'd like you to know that this has really quite upset me. I was feeling very fragile - this has not helped.

MolotovCocktail Thu 14-Mar-13 15:55:12

Maybe it was the easiest way for MNHQ to delete
your thread.

I'm very embarrassed that a thread of mine was oncedeleted because I'd inadvertently used a disablist term. It's a widely-used word that only a couple of people on the thread recognised as once pertaining to a specific condition.

I was mortified that this was it's meaning. I apologised sincerely yet my thread was still taken down. I mean, technically it did break the talk guidelines, but I was extremely embarrassed nonetheless (and pissed that I'd said sorry and meant it, yet it was still removed).

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Mar-13 16:45:20

Hi ChangezNom. We've already emailed you about this - and to apologise for our fat fingers.

We're quite sure no one would think you are a troll.

ChangezNom Thu 14-Mar-13 23:57:13

Thanks. The message came through a good half hour after posting this. Thank though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now