Uhoh. I have found a massive potential probelm in Your AS, HQ.

(25 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Mar-13 10:48:03

grin

<slightly scared>

cumfy Thu 14-Mar-13 01:01:42

MN will be beamed right into our brains

App 2.0wink<taps nose>

Fecking 10?

Whippersnapper. angry

Anyway, I was already part way through my panic buying after Chaos's grim warning above. I have thirty loaves, eight tins of sild and half a dozen 2kg drums of Asda Smart Price Chicory-style coffee substitute. I was just about to screw down the bunker escape hatch when Chaos stood us all down to DefCon 4.

EduCated Wed 13-Mar-13 17:32:35

I had a tantrum* because my parents refused to get rid of the microwave and I was convinced it would blow up. It wasn't even digital blush

*I was 10, in my defence

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Mar-13 17:12:31

EduCated

Somewhere I've got the government leaflet we got about The Millennium Bug. It's hilarious reading.

Oh lord, yes. I remember. We (I wasn't at MN then, of course) had a contingency plan that involved bunkers and walkie talkies and stuff.

EduCated Wed 13-Mar-13 16:58:26

Somewhere I've got the government leaflet we got about The Millennium Bug. It's hilarious reading.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Mar-13 10:00:42

ChaosTrulyReigns

Ach, Cmon, Tee, you know tevhy stuff.

Advanced search.

It has a problem.

2 digit year entry. That's going to cause mahoosive issues in the future isn't it? Huge.

Blimey. Good point.

But, if you don't mind, think we might put that at the bottom of The List, and work first on tech ishoos that are messing us about this century.

<wonders what folks will be searching for in 2113>

Kormachameleon Wed 13-Mar-13 08:18:03

I luffs you chaos

Tee2072 Wed 13-Mar-13 08:13:47

Sorry. You're still my favourite. Don't tell Frank

Darn.

I thought I was on to summat.

TheSaviourOfMN I was.

A hero for 9 hours.

sad

Oh.

Tee2072 Wed 13-Mar-13 08:06:20

Yeah. In about 87 years.

If MN is even still around, it certainly won't look anything like it currently looks.

Unlike the programming decision that created Y2K, tech is advancing much faster than it did over the 20th century. Not to mention, Y2K was a storm in a tea cup, more or less.

I would imagine by 2100, MN will be beamed right into our brains and we will search by thinking about things.

grin

Ach, Cmon, Tee, you know tevhy stuff.

Advanced search.

It has a problem.

2 digit year entry. That's going to cause mahoosive issues in the future isn't it? Huge.

Tee2072 Wed 13-Mar-13 05:59:23

AS?!?!

WhereChaosTheoryRules Wed 13-Mar-13 00:45:24

<sticks tongue out at chaos and skips off>

My eyes!

WhereChaosTheoryRules Tue 12-Mar-13 23:41:42

Siob. they fixed it shock

WhereChaosTheoryRules Tue 12-Mar-13 23:41:03

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

<gets bored and hits post to test>

WhereChaosTheoryRules Tue 12-Mar-13 23:29:38

Btw did tech ever fix the space time continuum with the random added space thingy?

<ponders why HQ needs an arse saviour>
<decides she really doesn't want to know what they are being threatened with>

Arse.

Saviour.

dothraki Tue 12-Mar-13 23:18:57

OK I'm in shock

arf.

I'm not breaking.

I am TheSavourOfMN.

smile

crazynanna Tue 12-Mar-13 23:17:26

What's an ASS?

WhereChaosTheoryRules Tue 12-Mar-13 23:15:33

AS? Remuneration?

confused

don't tell me you are plotting to break mn without me! shock

wink

shock

I should be remunerated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now