The official what's happening about the spammers thread. MNHQ will only post on this one for the time being (sorry, not being hoity; it's just to save time)

(331 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 03-Mar-13 15:11:28

Afternoon.

We are currently mopping up after close on 100 (and that's just the last count) spammers posted all over our boards last night and this morning.

Thank you for all your reports. We hope you'll understand that we're not going to reply to them. Please take it as read that we're really grateful.

IMPORTANT: we think we have tabs on pretty much all of the spammers now, so (even if we haven't deleted them all yet) so there is no need to report any more. In fact, any more reports and our system might keel over!

Once we can see the wood for the trees, we'll post again and ask you to report any remaining spam posts we might have missed.

Please bear with us. We are getting there.

Any Qs, do post em here and we'll do our best to answer you.

OliviaAllOverTheSpamMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Mar-13 23:53:41

nannynick

Hope your Account Delete button does not get too much use tonight Olivia, though I suspect it might.

<RSI>
grin

BIWI Tue 05-Mar-13 17:52:32

The spambots are back - just reported one in Active Convos (in Baby names)

Are we still not to report? (I should have asked before I reported - sorry!)

JulieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Mar-13 19:15:15

BIWI

The spambots are back - just reported one in Active Convos (in Baby names)

Are we still not to report? (I should have asked before I reported - sorry!)

Don't worry, my guns are armed and ready to zap. wink

snice Wed 06-Mar-13 00:46:19

Spam started up again smile

More spam sad

Sorry, I forgot about the no reporting and have just reported loads. blush

Arghhh, sorry sorry sorry.

RedwingWinter Wed 06-Mar-13 01:17:00

Ditto, sorry!

It appears they're back. Do we report or not?

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Wed 06-Mar-13 02:33:02

Bloody hell its daft o'clock, I can't sleep so I come here for mild entertainment and low and behold the spambots have taken over again.

Your night time security seriously needs stepping up MNHQ smile

I reported a few with a post after saying its reported no need to report again or bump. Is it better to not report at all?

Or if you report should you say so, then MNHQ don't get multiple reports and its all tidy and efficient?

Oops I reported some too blush

ClayDavis Wed 06-Mar-13 02:56:24

I'm not sure Trucks. They asked us not to report for now and said they would tell us when we can report again. I think if your going to report it's probably better to report one thread with a message that there are lots of similar threads in chat etc.

I think the problem the other night was AIBU and Baby names were full of spam threads and several of us were reporting threads as fast as they appeared and it sort of turned into silly season. The MNHQ inbox must have been rammed.

At least it's not all sport this time hmm

CitrusyOne Wed 06-Mar-13 03:34:17

To be fair, if they could tell me where to watch series 1 of call the midwife for nothing I'd be happy - only started watching this series and the first one's about £25 on iTunes.

(Not helpful, I know......sorry.........I'll go back to sleep)

Helena1964 Wed 06-Mar-13 05:16:20

Oh dear, I've just reported about a dozen of the most recently appearing ones. I've only just discovered this particular spam-subject thread, so didn't know that MNHQ wanted no additional reports at present. Sorry sorry sorry. [penitent emoticon]

mathanxiety Wed 06-Mar-13 05:24:06

Style and Beauty has been spammed.

Every single thread there right now [that I can see] is spam.

Bumping this, important to know we shouldn't be reporting any more

Also only just read this, after I reported 2 threads about an hour ago. Sorry!

Perhaps make this a sticky for the time being?

FellNel Wed 06-Mar-13 06:12:56

MNHQ how about you move this thread to be a temporary sticky, at the top of active convos and highlight it in a different colour? That way people will definitely see it and take note not to report any new spam until you say so, and to not start any new threads on it.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 07:57:25

Hello. Thanks all. We're on the new ones. <sigh>

timidviper Wed 06-Mar-13 08:03:25

Sorry I forgot and reported one too blush

TanteRose Wed 06-Mar-13 08:07:08

brew for Helen smile

RustyBear Wed 06-Mar-13 08:12:40

Slight hijack for CitrusyOne - Call the Midwife on DVD for £7 on Amazon. Have PM'd you with link, as I didn't think it would be tactful to put a link on this thread....

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 06-Mar-13 08:50:38

Ah sorry, I thought we were back to reporting. I shall Cease and Desist.

<stands at ease>
<lends Helen Bugsy Malone-style gun>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:07:37

RustyBear

Slight hijack for CitrusyOne - Call the Midwife on DVD for £7 on Amazon. Have PM'd you with link, as I didn't think it would be tactful to put a link on this thread....

ROFL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now