OK, this is getting silly now.

(39 Posts)
FellNel Sun 03-Mar-13 03:01:23

I logged on about an hour ago and the active threads were peppered with spam.

Now I've just gone onto threads active in the last hour and the whole page as far as I can scroll down is spam, and I'm still at topics starting with the letter A!

Sord it aaaaaht MNHQ. We need a nightwatchman.

Cheddars Sun 03-Mar-13 09:49:29

But surely posting stuff is what we do! Asking a mneter to stop posting is akin to asking the sun to stop shining. smile

Sparklingbrook Sun 03-Mar-13 09:56:36

YY to there being nearly as many threads moaning about the spam as there are spam. MNHQ know. They are trying to sort it. Just ignore the spam/report it.

Ok so what's the best thing we can do to help then MNHQ ?

(if they lift their heads from the deleted buttons anytime soon!)

I'm hiding them as fast as the buggers appear. But do you want them all reporting or will that not just clutter up your inbox?

Is it too early for gin? grin

passes brew with gin in it

Tee, normally I'd agree with you on this but clearly mn are clever enough to not to get distracted the complaints and to carry on trying to tackle the problem.

It's also a good heads up for people to recognise any posts where people do genuinely need help and to keep them bumped until people who can help with advice for a particular situation come along.

Sparklingbrook Sun 03-Mar-13 09:59:28

If you report as spam you don't usually get any reply in your inbox.

I stopped reporting after I realised the scale of the issue, otherwise the reports will become like spam too!

duchesse Sun 03-Mar-13 10:07:45

Funny deletion message!

duchesse Sun 03-Mar-13 10:08:11

For the rape idiot I mean, rather than the spambots.

almostanotherday Sun 03-Mar-13 10:13:44

Can't find thread to see message plz share.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 03-Mar-13 10:15:53

Oh good duchesse, can you share? I didn't want to post and bump any of his so I just reported.

LIZS Sun 03-Mar-13 11:06:02

There are many, many spam threads in Unanswered Messages

idon't think telling people off for following mnhqs own guidelines is helpful because at 4am mnhq might not even bother unless they get a 100 messages also if you are looking at your phone and you can only see the top 20messages in site and they are all spam you may not realise thread has been done before. and at the end of the day mnhq aren't stupid they won't stop eliminating spam if thats what they are doing to read every post

duchesse Sun 03-Mar-13 17:40:17

I don't seem to be able to copy it but it says "Thread started by a previously banned idiot". grin

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 03-Mar-13 17:54:22

Thanks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now