Seriously now, MNHQ

(71 Posts)
LoopDeLoops Sun 03-Mar-13 01:43:44

Equip me with a big red button. I am awake when you are not. Someone needs to woman these boards.

Poor mn! As I said on another thread, it's like the magic porridge pot!

gordonpym Sun 03-Mar-13 08:24:08

Should we be worried and stock on milk, tea and biscuits? Are we under attack?

nannynick Sun 03-Mar-13 07:09:44

Spammer is busy this morning, it's 7am UK time, any MNHQ people around to shutdown the spammers account?
Rawrable

LoopDeLoops Sun 03-Mar-13 06:22:26

All OK in here?

Chorusforpoormortals Sun 03-Mar-13 03:21:38

They are here now. Why has no one got back to us?

Amanda- spam

ClayDavis Sun 03-Mar-13 03:20:14

And they've found site stuff.

AmberLeaf Sun 03-Mar-13 03:19:06

Thank you purrpurr

why not have the international mumsnetters hold down the fort? just for Amanda deleting?

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 03:15:56

Tis this option: Put "hide" link on Active Conversations? (hide selected threads from Talk):
Should be set to No as default, just change to Yes

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 03:14:18

Abmber, so in the Talk: Customise page, go down to Other Options, within that section you'll find an option for showing Hide on Active Conversations.

AmberLeaf Sun 03-Mar-13 03:11:42

Ok, Im trying to access the settings bit, Ive gone into 'my mumsnet' but I cant find where to change it so I can hide from the active convo list?

Help!

SeymoreInOz Sun 03-Mar-13 03:11:23

Give me the big red button! The 11 hour time difference is perfect surely? Also I have a "high needs" baby so I don't get out ever much.

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 03:09:04

Double, stop, you're putting me off! I'm far too soft for this parenting lark, I'll go mad! I already give up my comfy seat for the cat if she wants it, I'm that much of a softie/weirdo. There's no hope.

There should be a panic line for Mumsnet. It's just really irritating until the site falls over. I wouldn't want to be responsible for leaving it until it got to that.

WhatSheSaid Sun 03-Mar-13 03:06:58

It is a bit crazy. Virtually every single thread in Active Convos.

Grockle are you from Hampshire? My dh is the only person I have heard using that word, he's from the New Forest.

Grockle Sun 03-Mar-13 03:04:00

Wow, it's crazy out there. confused

Several men I know call me 'mate'

I never know whether to be pleased or offended grin

I think whoever's on night shift has retreated to the panic room with gin

lubeybooby Sun 03-Mar-13 03:01:15

This is just ridiculous now. I went to the loo now there are too many to hide/report. ffs.

Earlybird Sun 03-Mar-13 02:59:22

Spam threads are appearing faster than I can hide them.

Where is Tech or someone from MNHQ? Didn't we establish the other night that Tech is based in America? Wish he/she would appear soon and get to work.

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sun 03-Mar-13 02:58:22

It's the demanding yet heartbroken tone that gets me... I feel like a monster because I can't actually make it instantly better, I'm letting the side down as invincible and all powerful mummy!

(and when he says 'kiss it better!' in the same choking howling tones... Then cries wretchedly when the kiss doesnt work... Oh I feel terrible!)

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 02:53:03

Custardo and Katie - many thanks for the tip, customised so I can choose to Hide from the Active Conversations view. Now all clean and tidy.

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 02:46:13

God I think if I had a small one whimpering 'make me better' at me I'd probably start crying myself. Hope the radio + darkened room works for you smile

ThePathanKhansAmnesiac Sun 03-Mar-13 02:46:12

Can I take refuge here? It,s so scary out there.
Where are mnhq?
I might post mitmoo just to see what happens.

KatieMiddleton Sun 03-Mar-13 02:45:40

You can hide without opening. Customise your settings so a little - button shows on active convos.

Tortington Sun 03-Mar-13 02:45:02

You can amber - you don't have to open them there should be a hide buton underneath the thread - im in classic view though.

yes Katie, littering it is you hit the nail on the head

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now