Seriously now, MNHQ

(71 Posts)
LoopDeLoops Sun 03-Mar-13 01:43:44

Equip me with a big red button. I am awake when you are not. Someone needs to woman these boards.

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 01:47:10

I was just thinking, I hope they're all in bed. It's Mumsnet, not... I don't know, NHS Direct. Perhaps if members could voluntarily donate towards running costs if they so wished, Mumsnet would be able to put a chap on during the night. Or have an auto monitor in place so that if activity/new thread count exceeded X during x-y hours, they would be alerted and could come take a look.

lubeybooby Sun 03-Mar-13 01:47:13

I want a big red button too please

lubeybooby Sun 03-Mar-13 01:47:40

purrpurr, they are meant to have night cover apparently.

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 01:49:19

Oh. That's a bit crap then :/

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 03-Mar-13 01:50:31

Me, I want a button too please!
I am practicing for who wants to be a millionaire, fastest finger first rounds.

Not really. But I am FAST.

(and bfing. And bored)

LoopDeLoops Sun 03-Mar-13 01:53:02

I don't think costs of a 'chap' need to be funded by members, purrpurr. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure there should be money set aside for the night shift.

lubeybooby Sun 03-Mar-13 01:54:16

especially when we seem to be such a target at the moment

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 03-Mar-13 01:55:08

a chap? hmm

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 01:58:37

By chap I meant person. Would you rather I said chapette? I wouldn't.

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 01:59:49

Clearly I'll retract the 'chap' remark before the entire website falls down under a sea of seething rage. It's just something I've learned from family, we've always called each other chaps, regardless of sex. Clearly we're all wrong and evil and must be burned, repeatedly.

lubeybooby Sun 03-Mar-13 02:01:00

I call everyone chaps too. Even my cats and daughter.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 03-Mar-13 02:01:33

OOh. Bad Hazel.

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sun 03-Mar-13 02:02:00

I suspect mumsnet earns enough to be able to provide some cover 24/7, perhaps OT didn't used to have the need to, but now... I think it's necessary.

DeepRedBetty Sun 03-Mar-13 02:02:44

grin don't worry purrpurr. I call everyone chaps. And I've only got dds.

Fancy a bit more reporting Hazel? I'm not even bothering with writing a post most of the time, just go straight to Report, then Hide, then do the next one when I get back to Active Convos.

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sun 03-Mar-13 02:03:42

(I call people 'guys' which I catch myself doing when a woman frowns at me and have to apologise profusely... Whats a Gender neutral informal 'people here in this space' name?)

lubeybooby Sun 03-Mar-13 02:03:47

I'm just reporting and hiding too

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 03-Mar-13 02:09:36

Ooh, my logic* re posting and reporting is that it lets MNers know that it's been done, so they can do others.

*But it's 2.10am. I have not had much sleep. My logic has long gone!

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 03-Mar-13 02:10:27

Sorry re chaps. Seems it's jsut me then. I use 'guys' as gender-neutral, but to me, chaps seemed fairly male.

purrpurr Sun 03-Mar-13 02:12:20

Double, my 3-year old niece calls everyone in the room that she wants to play with her 'guys', so 'come on, guys! Let's dance!' means 'come on you lot, let's dance!' I don't feel that she's trying to imply anything by calling us guys. For her it's just a term for a collection of people.

God it's way too late in the day for this. Hazel, sorry for flying off the handle. I seem to have been coughing and coughing and coughing for DAYS and I am absolutely up the wall, trying to cough around a 7-month bump is practically impossible as it is. Whine. Apologies.

I use the term 'chaps' gender-neutrally too. In a WWII RAF fighter-pilot voice, usually. (Think Armstrong and Miller sketches. Isn't it.)

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 03-Mar-13 02:15:33

Oi - I apologised first!
Coughing with bump? Nightmare.

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sun 03-Mar-13 02:16:11

I am channelling a 3 yr old then smile

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 03-Mar-13 02:16:12

And even that sounded fight. I meant- I apologised first, as I was wrong.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 03-Mar-13 02:16:30

fight fighty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now